Coming on 12 Dec - Need Advice, work and visa

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Takiap
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Coming on 12 Dec - Need Advice

Post by Takiap »

Unless the law has recently changed, you will be given a 30-day visa exempt stamp at the airport on arrival. After 30 days you will then need to leave and then re-enter in order to get another 30 days.

Alternatively, you can apply for a tourist visa in the UK if you intend staying here for a longer period of time.

As far as finding work is concerned, and particularly in a bar, there is virtually no chance of that happening because in order for you to work here, you require a work permit, and I can't imagine there are many, if any bars here that would be willing to employ a foreigner.

:cheers:
Don't try to impress me with your manner of dress cos a monkey himself is a monkey no less - cold fact
T.O.M.
Banned
Banned

Re: Coming on 12 Dec - Need Advice

Post by T.O.M. »

Takiap wrote: Sun Nov 25, 2018 8:24 am Unless the law has recently changed, you will be given a 30-day visa exempt stamp at the airport on arrival. After 30 days you will then need to leave and then re-enter in order to get another 30 days.

Alternatively, you can apply for a tourist visa in the UK if you intend staying here for a longer period of time.

As far as finding work is concerned, and particularly in a bar, there is virtually no chance of that happening because in order for you to work here, you require a work permit, and I can't imagine there are many, if any bars here that would be willing to employ a foreigner.

:cheers:
Agree with your sentiment....But the visa exempt can extended for another 30 days at immigration here...cost 1900 baht...
To the OP.....Forget it...!!
buksida

Re: Coming on 12 Dec - Need Advice, work and visa

Post by buksida »

Jolew wrote: Sat Nov 24, 2018 11:18 pm Just wondered do i need to get Visa's here from the UK first
Yes, it is MUCH easier to get a visa in the UK first than to try and extend one here.

Echo above sentiment, forget about working unless you are a teacher.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson