New Police Order for Visa Extensions

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: New Police Order for Visa Extensions

Post by PET »

It will be such a relief when March comes and then we will know about Retirement Extensions and then 90 days after if they want to check one's bank funds again!!. I did my Extension in January and last week my 90 day visit. Nothing had changed from previous years.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Exactly, a lot of 2nd guessing has been done, most of us have our own versions of the truth, but the only way we're going to find out actuals is wait and see.

It upsets me everytime another scaremonger puts in their 2 penneth (Thai or Farang). Personally, I'm quite relaxed with the situation, but we have had members saying the worry is making them ill. Some of you guys are having fun, and clearly getting off on it, but please remember, you may be affecting the health of some.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
Scout
Professional
Professional

Post by Scout »

Well Big Boy, you had me worried for a bit as it sure felt like I was a Messenger being shot, then called a scaremonger also. You can imagine my relief when you clarified that the scaremonger you had in mind was actually the female immigration officer I spoke with. But now that I think of it, you also said the scaremonger was just looking for some action because things had been quiet on this topic for a few days...

So I guess you’re saying the female Thai immigration officer has been monitoring this thread, on an expat forum, noticed it had gone quiet for a few days, decided to get a little action and stir things up by feeding me false information, in the hope that I’d leave her office at Bluport, go home and post the false information on this thread, and in so doing become an unwitting source for her amusement ? I know this all sounds implausible but it’s the only way I can make sense of your various statements concerning the dastardly scaremonger. Unless of course you were shooting the Messenger (me) and deriding me as a scaremonger. Now I’m really confused ;)
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

No, not necessarily this forum, the entire subject has been quiet everywhere. Scaremongers, like trolls need food, else they die. We just have to wait, and see what happens.
Championship Millwall - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 21
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Well there is still some "interest" appearing in the Bangkok Post:
……………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………..
https://www.bangkokpost.com/opinion/pos ... deathtraps

Expat exploitation

In Postbag on Feb 12 I wrote how the Thai government has made a mockery of the 800,000-baht requirement for a one-year visa. Now let's discuss the equally outrageous option of wiring 65,000 baht a month into a Thai bank account.

First, let me remind readers that you are fools if you think can wire that much income into a Thai bank account without the Thai IRS taking notice.

But this is what blows my mind. Immigration would accept income "verification" letters from the American embassy, despite the fact that the embassy had admitted they didn't investigate the claims made in the letter.

Yet Immigration would never consider 12 months' worth of bank statements from an American bank which would virtually verify the claims of income made by the expat. To say that immigration is as ridiculous as it is cruel would be an understatement of monumental proportions.
Eric Bahrt
............................................................................................................
Foreigners unwanted

When will Eric Bahrt and others realise that retired foreigners are not welcome in Thailand. The government wants short-termers, tourists, who come, spend and leave. No other Asian country makes it so difficult for expats to live here than Thailand. Many expat friends have picked up and left after 20 years here, to relocate to Laos and Cambodia.

If not for my land, (I don't own it), my house, (I do), or my dogs, I would be long gone as well. I do not consider relocating as "starting over", but as continuing where I left off. Wise up expats. The squeeze will continue until there are fewer and fewer of us left. My advice to you all is to have iron-clad wills, and leave everything you have to a friend or other. When you eventually drop dead, make sure the government does not profit even a baht from your demise.
Yankeleh
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Nereus wrote: Thu Feb 14, 2019 9:05 pm
When will Eric Bahrt and others realise that retired foreigners are not welcome in Thailand. The government wants short-termers, tourists, who come, spend and leave. No other Asian country makes it so difficult for expats to live here than Thailand. Many expat friends have picked up and left after 20 years here, to relocate to Laos and Cambodia.
To keep things in perspective, retired foreigners aren't welcome in the UK either, they stopped their retirement visa program in 2009. All that is available to non-EU citizens and presumably soon to all, are investment visas aimed at the rich.
It's a good job that the Thai's don't insist on reciprocal status on these issues!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

It's a good job that the Thai's don't insist on reciprocal status on these issues!

For now.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

During the 5 1/2 yrs. that I've lived in Thailand the US IRS has never questioned any money transferred to here. I think that Mr. Bahrt makes things up.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ He wrote "Thai IRS".
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

STEVE G wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 2:30 pmIt's a good job that the Thai's don't insist on reciprocal status on these issues!
I think that would effectivelly rule out any expats retiring to Thailand, period. As I'm not aware of many Thais seeking to retire anywhere else really.
Talk is cheap
RCer
Ace
Ace

Post by RCer »

handdrummer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm During the 5 1/2 yrs. that I've lived in Thailand the US IRS has never questioned any money transferred to here. I think that Mr. Bahrt makes things up.
The IRS will leave you alone as long as the transfer is less than 10k USD.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

RCer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 8:19 pm
handdrummer wrote: Fri Feb 15, 2019 3:12 pm During the 5 1/2 yrs. that I've lived in Thailand the US IRS has never questioned any money transferred to here. I think that Mr. Bahrt makes things up.
The IRS will leave you alone as long as the transfer is less than 10k USD.
I transfer $10,000-$12,000 twice a year.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

Transferring out of the US is generally no problem. Even transferring back is fine. IRS is after big game but you could come up on a random check.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

migrant wrote: Sat Feb 16, 2019 10:16 am Transferring out of the US is generally no problem. Even transferring back is fine. IRS is after big game but you could come up on a random check.
All they'd have to do is look at my bank acct., whose name and number they have, and the IRS would see the source of my money." As Willie the Shake said, "Much Ado About Nothing."