Vehicle aircon re-charging

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Big Boy

Vehicle aircon re-charging

Post by Big Boy »

Even though its cold at the moment, my in-car aircon is struggling to cope. I guess it's time to have it re-charged.

Can anybody recommend where to have it done, and advise an approximate cost please.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Aircon Re-charging

Post by Nereus »

Big Boy wrote: Thu Jan 17, 2019 1:17 pm Even though its cold at the moment, my in-car aircon is struggling to cope. I guess it's time to have it re-charged.

Can anybody recommend where to have it done, and advise an approximate cost please.
L Garage that I mentioned previously. But there are several in the group of shops just past the Shell gas station going north on Petchkasem Rd. If just a re-gas 300 Baht for Thais, 500 Baht for you.
But you should try and have them find out where it is leaking, as part of it was probably disturbed with the previous visit to the Ford dealer.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe I should get my son to take it in :laugh:

Thanks Nereus, I'll take it in.

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Going north on Petchkasem, opposite the PTT station on the right, there are a couple of service centres next door to each other (both are the same company). They will check for leaks before recharging. If a problem is found, they have the ability to strip down the whole aircon, if necessary. I've been going there for aircon servicing, batteries etc for years.
If any repair required is going to take time, then there's a coffee shop in the Ptt station opposite.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

The deed is done - it's too bloody cold in the car now :D

I was planning to have it done next week. I'd read the comments from Nereus and HHTel to Mrs BB, and as we were driving North this morning, she starts telling me to pull over in a very excited voice. Once stopped, I realised she'd spotted the shop HHTel had described.

So there's me sat outside the shop, no intention of having the work done and the mechanic directing me in. I thought, what the hell.

They got their gauge out, did a few tests and spoke to Mrs BB, and she told them to do it (actually, she was the one complaining that the car was too hot in the first place). We were told to come back in an hour. So, as we were walking, trying to find HHTel's coffee shop, I asked her how much? 1500 Baht, but he's got to clean it and add 3 types of oil. I thought, definitely a Farang price, but for 1500 Baht, it would be worth it if it was sorted - not worth quibbling over. Sorry guys, he got away with it - the Hua Hin price hike will probably start at 1500 Baht for everybody now.

Thank you very much for your help guys. I will get into L Garage one day. That was going to be my first port of call this time until I was directed into the other place.

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I realised she'd spotted the shop HHTel had described.
I think that is the same shop(s) that I mentioned. Now we are ALL screwed! :(
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Over 4 years on, and another shout for these guys. I drove to Black Mountain yesterday, and my aircon was non-existent.

Went back to the same garage today (no appointment) and was waved straight up to the work area. I sprang the bonnet, and before I was out of the car there were 6 mechanics under the bonnet. Mrs BB told them the problem, and we were told to take a seat. Within 30 seconds they presented us with a filthy filter, and asked if they should change it - yes please.

Within 5 minutes of arrival I was driving up Petchkasem with a fully functioning aircon. Cost 200฿. Amazing.

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Vehicle aircon re-charging

Post by Dannie Boy »

This is typical of Thailand, fast and cost effective service - ok not in every case but more often than not.