No FA Cup coverage in Thailand

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
caller
Hero
Hero

No FA Cup coverage in Thailand

Post by caller »

I know we have had questions asked about certain games, but as far as I can see, there in no current live coverage on mainstream media in Thailand and that is likely to be the case until 2021, or unless someone negotiates a new deal before then. BBTV had the license, but as far as I can see, that expired at the end of last season.

Does anyone know anything different?

I know I can watch via live streaming, even found on my TV, but it's not the same.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sports_br ... n_Thailand

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_F ... oadcasters
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: No FA Cup coverage in Thailand

Post by HHTel »

I know I can watch via live streaming, even found on my TV, but it's not the same.
All the UK channels plus all the Sky channels are available online. I don't understand your comment "but it's not the same". Would you prefer to watch it on Thai TV?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 pmI don't understand your comment "but it's not the same". Would you prefer to watch it on Thai TV?
Instead of live streaming, yes.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

VPN + BBC iPlayer is the very best you are going to get. Uninterrupted coverage. Exactly the same as the channel (it is the channel) and if you miss the game, you can watch it later.

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:51 pm VPN + BBC iPlayer is the very best you are going to get. Uninterrupted coverage. Exactly the same as the channel (it is the channel) and if you miss the game, you can watch it later.
The beeb don't have many FA Cup games (and Sky have none).

Oh well, live streaming on the TV screen it is then, starting today with Chelsea.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:47 am
Lost wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 9:51 pm VPN + BBC iPlayer is the very best you are going to get. Uninterrupted coverage. Exactly the same as the channel (it is the channel) and if you miss the game, you can watch it later.
The beeb don't have many FA Cup games (and Sky have none).

Oh well, live streaming on the TV screen it is then, starting today with Chelsea.
I managed to watch Arsenal vs Man U on Saturday morning using a VPN and BBC iPlayer at the unearthly time of about 5.30 am - but I don’t have many other distractions at that time of the morning these days :lach:
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jan 26, 2019 5:06 pm
I don't understand your comment "but it's not the same". Would you prefer to watch it on Thai TV?
I certainly would. Guaranteed uninterrupted, high quality picture (usually HD depending on the channel) English language commentary available with the dual language option and the ability to pause/rewind the live feed while I'm watching a game or record it to watch later using my TV box - again in guaranteed quality.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

The Chelsea game is on BBC later. I assume that's the game you want to watch Caller (I think you're a Chelsea fan!).
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Sun Jan 27, 2019 10:04 pm The Chelsea game is on BBC later. I assume that's the game you want to watch Caller (I think you're a Chelsea fan!).
Yes, but I don't have access to the beeb. But no worries, I watched the Spuds on BT Sport and Chelsea on whatever channel it was on, the former with the official BT commentary and the latter with another live English commentory - both via live streaming and also following the beebs live text coverage on-line.
Talk is cheap