Road to Prachuap

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
Big Boy

Road to Prachuap

Post by Big Boy »

I drove to Prachuap and back yesterday, and was very surprised, after the years of roadworks hell that we've suffered, how many potholes have re-appeared. A couple of stretches were particularly bad. OK, not as bad as it was a few years back, but bad enough, and it will soon deteriorate further. Many lorries were driving in 2 lanes to avoid the worn out road.

The bad road starts in Pranburi, where it can't have been repaired that long ago.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Road to Prachuap

Post by handdrummer »

It's the same with all road repairs here. If they'd use concrete the roads would last much longer but then cousin Nok wouldn't get to keep repairing it over and over and making money, some of which he kicks back to the road commissioner or whatever they those flunkies here.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

The material is not the answer. It requires knowledge of building roads.
Our soi is concrete and since being laid a few years ago, it's collapsed in several places, some places look like sink holes. I've traveled down many concrete roads with the same thing happening. Generally, there is no depth below the road surface. You can spot it when they are laying one side of a dual carriageway. When on the other carriageway, just look and see the thickness of the road itself. Some concrete roads (our soi included) are not reinforced,just ordinary concrete.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HaHa, our Soi was reinforced, but the steel reinforcement wire is now poking through in places.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Getting back to the road to Prachuap, it was a busy Sunday afternoon and I initially wondered why I was the only vehicle travelling through Pranburi in the middle lane - I soon found out.

Points 48; Position 20
charlesh
Ace
Ace

Post by charlesh »

Why do you think they get farang governments and skilled engineers to build some bridges and highways?
The attention to detail and filtering of funds through the tessebans is well known. Also as a reminder - Suvanabhumi landing strip!