Why do people post

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
m_right
Guru
Guru

Why do people post

Post by m_right »

I understand why some people will post a joke, insult or opinion but not why they post in threads where people are seeking information.
Is it to raise their post count? What is the prize?
Do they have too much time on their hands?
Get off on trolling?
Like the anonymity so they can get some psychological high?
Vent their racist or xenophobic rants with out physical risk?

I'm not singling out Hua Hin Forum. It is still much better for mining information then the other one.

But lately I'm finding the forum less useful because of some of the prolific posters who have to post in a thread they haven't even read.

I guess also to vent frustrations. :roll:
"Religion is What Keeps the Poor from Murdering the Rich" -- Napoleon Bonaparte
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Why do people post

Post by dtaai-maai »

I think you need to give us some examples of the sort of thing you're objecting to, especially with 'racist and xenophobic rants'.
This is the way
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:00 pm I think you need to give us some examples of the sort of thing you're objecting to, especially with 'racist and xenophobic rants'.
I didn't mean Hua Hin forum for that type of posts but there are plenty on the other one. I'm not going to sort through them for you.

Like I said "I'm not singling out Hua Hin Forum. It is still much better for mining information then the other one."
m_right
Guru
Guru

Post by m_right »

m_right wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:32 pm
dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Feb 08, 2019 6:00 pm I think you need to give us some examples of the sort of thing you're objecting to, especially with 'racist and xenophobic rants'.
I'm asking why. Why did you post this?
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

^
To maybe try answer your question? :?
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Now I'm even more confused. :?

You're asking why I posted my reply to your post...? This could go on forever!

Okay, let me treat this as a serious question and not as a mispost by someone who can't use the quote function properly (and there's a lot of them around!).

To be specific, I responded as I did because I see most posts on HHF and I wasn't aware of anything recent along the lines you suggested. The HHF moderators do a decent job keeping people on topic.

I resolved my own issues with V--- the other forum quite simply; I haven't visited the site in more than 10 years. Try it, it works a treat. If you've got a problem with the content and style on that forum, you really should ask the question there, not here. Only if you want a screenful of abuse, of course.

More generally, you've been a member of the forum for 10 years, so you must have enough experience on line to know the score.

To be honest, I'm only typing this because I've got nothing better to do at the moment.
This is the way
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

To be honest, I'm only typing this because I've got nothing better to do at the moment.

My favorite sentence today.