Advice needed: Thai claims to UK owned business profits

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
daio
Amateur
Amateur

Advice needed: Thai claims to UK owned business profits

Post by daio »

A friend of my wife got married moved to uk lived there and helped him run his business and Often working 70hr a week for small money.He made her an partner in the business for tax purposes. About 2years ago they moved back here every thing ok till 3months ago.He has gone and left her for another woman .She has very little as her husband kept control of all finance.She knows most of the money from the sale of the business is in a uk bank.My question is does she have any claim on part of this money?

Mod edit: title changed to reflect content.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Advice needed: Thai claims to UK owned business profits

Post by Dannie Boy »

Two questions, does this lady still have a right to live in the UK and is she intending to return and file for divorce in the UK - courts these days are very sympathetic to ensuring that the assets are equally divided. She would need a Lawyer to help her but I’m sure it would be a good investment
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Advice needed: Thai claims to UK owned business profits

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Mar 05, 2019 12:29 pm does this lady still have a right to live in the UK
More specifically, is she a British citizen? She might struggle to get back with ILTR after 2-years away.
Talk is cheap