Water Quality Hua Hin

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
tazj66
Amateur
Amateur

Water Quality Hua Hin

Post by tazj66 »

Hi All,
I live in Soi 89 (up the hill from Vana Nava). The last 2 weeks or so I've noticed my household water has a decidedly chemical (chlorine type) smell to it not present before. Have been in the same place 6 years. There's been plenty of drain/road/water work in my area lately but nothing in my particular soi.

Has any one else noticed a change in their water and/or can shed any light on the subject? Much appreciated
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Re: Water Quality Soi 89

Post by handdrummer »

Every now and then my water, in Smorprong, has the same smell. I suspect a large amount of chlorine has been added to the water supply.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Water Quality Soi 89

Post by hhinner »

Not Soi 89 and 3 years later, but...

Yesterday we noticed that our mains water (Smorphrong) now smells like it's been chlorinated. And it's the same today.

Coincidentally, new mains water equipment (pipes and control box of some sort) have been installed on the main Soi. The covers and control box have PWA and Provincial Waterworks Authority emblems. As far as I know HH water has always been supplied by the tessaban rather than PWA. Has this now changed? And is it connected to the apparent use of chlorination?