International Calls.

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
londongeorge

International Calls.

Post by londongeorge »

Do any of you guys know the cheapest way to call from Thailand to Canada? I will be calling from a mobile(not smart phone) to a land line in Canada.

Thanks.
PeteC

Re: International Calls.

Post by PeteC »

First off it doesn't make any difference what type of mobile phone you're using this end, or what type of number you're calling on the other end. You'll get charged the going rate by the mobile provider this end after first dialing in their access code then the Canada country code then the phone number. If you're on either a prepaid SIM card or a post paid, you need to make sure you have authorization to make international calls and the capability is turned on.

As an example (006 access code) TRUE has a special rate of 2 Baht per minute to the USA. My assumption is that Canada is the same or similar.

I'll search for some more info but hopefully others who call Canada regularly will offer some advice from experience.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Look at below links for further details:

http://www3.truecorp.co.th/idd006/en/faqs.html

http://www.dtac.co.th/en/prepaid/services/004.html#Tab1

http://www.ais.co.th/003/en/index.html

CAT access 009 is 1.50 baht per minute to Canada. Seems to me that all are similar or the same.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

you can use skype by crediting your account of a small amount, calls are easy to make and very cheap
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

Yes I use Skype and it works very well
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

LINE is another one with free calls if both ends have the application installed. I've used that to the US a few times but not recently so guessing it still operates well.
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

You cant use skype or line on a standard non smart phone, the op said he does not use a smart phone.
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

StevePIraq wrote: Tue Mar 26, 2019 4:31 pm You cant use skype or line on a standard non smart phone, the op said he does not use a smart phone.
Very good point ! - The OP had better get one and the money he may save will pay for it.
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.