Public Transport Accident - What Should Somebody Do?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Big Boy

Public Transport Accident - What Should Somebody Do?

Post by Big Boy »

We called in to Rajabhakti Park with visitors yesterday. For those of you who don't know, parking is no longer on the parade ground, but at a retail complex on the left. Visitors then have to catch a free shuttle tram to the original entrance - walking is not an option.

Yesterday we did everything properly - caught the shuttle to the entrance, looked at the kings, then caught the shuttle back to the retail complex again. Everybody was just sat down minding their own business, when bang!!! the shuttle rammed into a shuttle already parked. I suffered slight whiplash (still slight pain a day on), and Mrs BB suffered a slight jarring to her back. None of it too serious, but it could have been.

The driver claimed brake failure, but we watched, and the shuttle carried on transporting passengers around the park (no proof, but I guess the driver was texting). Damage to both vehicles was visible, but not enough to prevent the shuttles continuing around the park (smashed headlights/rear lights etc.).

I'm not one to make a mountain out of a molehill and make a spurious claim for a very minor injury. However, the driver claimed brake failure, the many Thais accepted his explanation, and went on their way. I'm just wondering if there should have been any formal reporting - do Thais know what an Accident Book is? I guess if I woke up this morning in a lot of pain, it would be too late because nobody complained.

Does anybody know what the procedure should have been? This was a minor incident, but what would have happened if somebody had incurred a more serious injury? Do procedures exist for reporting accidents on public transport on what I assume is military property?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Public Transport Accident - What Should Somebody Do?

Post by Nereus »

Not sure that place would be classed "public transport"? It is private property, albeit the army, and I think that they would claim that you entered at your own risk. If it was privately owned then the owners SHOULD have public risk insurance, but I doubt that is required when you hold the guns.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

That is what I'm wondering. Being Thailand, I doubt such things exist - I guess we just put it down to experience, and be thankful our injuries were mild.

I'm inundated with visitors at the moment, and we were intending to take the free Historical Hua Hin tour this weekend, but the transport is almost identical, so we'll probably give it a miss.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
crazy88
Deceased
Deceased

Post by crazy88 »

Standard procedure for claiming compensation in this case ?

Fall to the floor groaning " Jep, jep." mopping your brow then hop/ hobble to the nearest seat with more moaning and leaning on passers by. Keep the act up and you should get a few quid off somebody even if you have to go to the office next day covered in bandages and a coller claiming injury plus a weeks wages. The more witnesses the better ! Thailand did NOT invent this one !

Crazy 88
Unknown.jpeg
Unknown.jpeg (5.98 KiB) Viewed 467 times