Visa run - Kuala Lumpur

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
MrTea
Amateur
Amateur

Visa run - Kuala Lumpur

Post by MrTea »

I tried to find a thread about this, without success.

I have extended my visa once, so I need to do a visa run.

Can I easily find overnight accomodation? Are there any specific issues I need to address? Cash in my wallet, etc...

I'm nervous about doing this first time.

MrTea
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Visa run - Kuala Lumpur

Post by HarryVardon »

It is very easy to fly from Hua Hin to KL. It;s easy to book a hotel via Agoda.com, etc. Their is a cheap train running between the airport and the city center. People in KL are very friendly. Street food is very good and very cheap by the Hawkers stalls. Plenty of things to do both day and night. Relax and Enjoy.
MrTea
Amateur
Amateur

Post by MrTea »

Thanks. No special info I need?
pitsch
Guru
Guru

Post by pitsch »

I agree, but not with the cheap train. It costs 55 Ringit, which is more than 400 Baht. The Bus the KL Central is only 10 Ringit=75 Baht.
Thistle
Professional
Professional

Post by Thistle »

You can exchange baht for ringgit at the airport at KL,fair exchange rates. Have a look at Hilton Garden Inn South,reasonably priced,basic accommodation if you only staying 1-2 nights.They have a swimming pool on the roof along with bar and good snack food.Great views at night,including the Petronas towers lit up.You can travel there by mono rail from KL sentral,inexpensive,plus walk from Chow Kit monorail station in less than 5 minutes.
Please note the hilton garden inn North has no swimming pool.
oakdale160
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by oakdale160 »

KL is a great city. As an ex-British colony the standard of spoken English is excellent. I think Malaysia and S'pore are the two exes that are most proud of their British heritage. I have met some older Malaysians who when talking to them remind me of my mother who spoke 'School teacher English"
My favorite sign that I saw there was In the bus station, next to the garbage bins--"Please keep things neat and tidy"