Keto diet and low carb eating

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
buksida

Re: Keto diet and low carb eating

Post by buksida »

HHTel wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 9:18 am Well done! I went on Keto to reduce my blood sugar (it was high). Losing weight was an unexpected bonus. One of the best decisions I've made.
Yep, what I found great about it all is that you can indulge a little knowing that it is pretty easy to drop the weight again afterward.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
buksida

Post by buksida »

After two months in the UK drinking seriously good ales and overindulging on the carbs (lots of bread, pies, pasties, bridies, and the like) the weight inevitably piled on and 4kgs was added. Started the Keto again for October and it is much easier the second time around with the kilos already starting to come off!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I had to look 'bridies' up. Amazing, I worked all over Scotland and had never heard the term before.

Mind you, if I'd have seen one, I'd have thought a poor man's attempt at making an oggie :laugh: :run:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I suppose it’s the Scottish equivalent of a Cornish Pasty - different ingredients but similarly delicious, especially on a cold wet day in the UK!!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Better :offtopic: before I get my hand slapped :oops:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Lived in Scotland for many years. Bridies were always very popular.
bridie.jpg
bridie.jpg (112.44 KiB) Viewed 47147 times
buksida

Post by buksida »

I loved em, especially in the smaller village butchers where you get huge ones, but they're not kind on the waist and definitely not Keto friendly.
buksida

Post by buksida »

July is Keto month and we're back on it again.

Its easy to lapse back into old ways here, and most of what you eat/drink in Thailand isn't that healthy if you don't pay attention to it. Good to see more Keto stuff available online, but the price to eat healthy foods here is scary ... no wonder Thai hospitals are always rammed.
Gregjam
Ace
Ace

Post by Gregjam »

Keto worked for me but was not always easy to adhere to working on ships. Now I have found intermittent fasting to be very effective and a lot easier to do.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Re: Ice cream in Hua Hin

Post by wenshidi »

buksida wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:27 pm Similar, Keto is essentially no sugar and no carbs, whole thread on it here:
Thanks I had a look, but what do you eat instead of rice?
Do you use Stevia instead of sugar?
buksida

Post by buksida »

Diced cauliflower is the primary rice substitution and Stevia is used for pretty much everything in our household now eliminating the sugar.
joelle
Legend
Legend

Re: Ice cream in Hua Hin

Post by joelle »

wenshidi wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:26 pm
buksida wrote: Wed Jul 12, 2023 1:27 pm Similar, Keto is essentially no sugar and no carbs, whole thread on it here:
Thanks I had a look, but what do you eat instead of rice?
Do you use Stevia instead of sugar?
Erythritol is a very good substitute for sugar
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

buksida wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm Diced cauliflower is the primary rice substitution and Stevia is used for pretty much everything in our household now eliminating the sugar.
I'd never heard of cauliflower as a rice substitute but I've just had a look online and it looks easy enough.
I'm not into Keto but I'll give it a try just because it sounds like a healthy addiction to a meal.
I sometimes just roast a tray of vegetables and eat it with a Thai red curry sauce so something like rice added to the mix would work texture wise.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

STEVE G wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 5:57 pm
buksida wrote: Thu Jul 13, 2023 1:47 pm Diced cauliflower is the primary rice substitution and Stevia is used for pretty much everything in our household now eliminating the sugar.
I'd never heard of cauliflower as a rice substitute but I've just had a look online and it looks easy enough.
I'm not into Keto but I'll give it a try just because it sounds like a healthy addiction to a meal.
I sometimes just roast a tray of vegetables and eat it with a Thai red curry sauce so something like rice added to the mix would work texture wise.
You be careful with your addictions
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

^ You have to be careful with auto word completion!