2019 Vehicles You Can Still Get With A Stick Shift

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: 2019 Vehicles You Can Still Get With A Stick Shift

Post by lindosfan1 »

HHTEL The gear lever is for changing gear. It connects to the gear box. It is not a stick shift which to me is a piece of wood.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

lindosfan1 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:18 pm HHTEL The gear lever is for changing gear. It connects to the gear box. It is not a stick shift which to me is a piece of wood.
When I was a kid our horse and cart had a stick shift. The stick did have a length of leather on the end of it, but it sure made the old nag shift! :shock:
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

lindosfan1 wrote: Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:18 pm HHTEL The gear lever is for changing gear. It connects to the gear box. It is not a stick shift which to me is a piece of wood.
BREAKING NEWS: American English uses different terms than British English for some things... :roll:
This is the way
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think you must have me confused with someone else. I've not mentioned a stick shift which is of course an Americanism.

I'm British and know exactly what a gear lever is as well as a gear box. I trained as a mechanic many many years ago and although I've forgotten most of it, I do remember the basics!