Vitamin supplements

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
PET
Legend
Legend

Re: Vitamin supplements

Post by PET »

buksida wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 12:28 pm Just made another order from iHerb, some Flaxseed oil supplements for a pal - hope all is the same, total was about $40 including shipping for 2 pots with two year's supply. Equivalent cost for the same product in Thailand would have been over 4,500 baht :shock:
You can buy Flax seed in a 450gm packet for about 70bht from Makro in Hua Hin - I use it slightly ground in mixer with a touch of ground pepper 1tbsp a day - in case this helps
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

PeteC wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:29 pm You have to use the more expensive shipping, the one that arrives via DHL or similar, and then goes into the Thai Post EMS system. These have a tracking number. I think the difference in shipping cost is about USD 3?
It was my first order and didn't even see the plus shipping, I will next time though!!
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
buksida

Post by buksida »

buksida wrote: Tue Dec 15, 2020 2:46 pm Yeah, I paid about $5 for the 'plus' shipping option - we'll see if it arrives.
iHerb package arrived today - no customs sting and another massive saving over buying locally. :thumb:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

IHerb now has a 3rd shipping option with Rincos/CJ Logistics which seems to be Korea based. At this point it's free under promotion so don't know what the cost will be with them once it's not free. The three options explained below.

Rincos/CJ Logistics: Applies to orders valued up to $60.00 and weighing no more than 3 lbs (1.36kg). For shipping related inquiries regarding CJ Llogistics orders, please contact CJ Logistics Customer Service at 02-0884870 Ext 100-11 or email at cs@rincos.co.kr

Delivery by Local Post Plus: Additional tracking available within the destination country. Complete in-country tracking cannot be guaranteed as final mile scans are completed by the local post. Applies to orders valued up to $100.00 and weighing no more than 4 lbs (1.8kg). For shipping related inquiries please contact your local post.

Delivery by Local Post: Applies to orders valued up to $100.00 and weighing no more than 4 lbs (1.8kg). With this option, tracking is available up to destination country. Due to reduced access within the local postal network final mile delivery tracking will not be available. iHerb is striving towards better visibility with this option. For shipping related inquiries please contact your local post.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Basically, if it's carried by local post, you may or may not get it and if you don't it can't be tracked.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

PeteC wrote:IHerb now has a 3rd shipping option with Rincos/CJ Logistics which seems to be Korea based. At this point it's free under promotion so don't know what the cost will be with them once it's not free. The three options explained below.

Rincos/CJ Logistics: Applies to orders valued up to $60.00 and weighing no more than 3 lbs (1.36kg). For shipping related inquiries regarding CJ Llogistics orders, please contact CJ Logistics Customer Service at 02-0884870 Ext 100-11 or email at cs@rincos.co.kr

Delivery by Local Post Plus: Additional tracking available within the destination country. Complete in-country tracking cannot be guaranteed as final mile scans are completed by the local post. Applies to orders valued up to $100.00 and weighing no more than 4 lbs (1.8kg). For shipping related inquiries please contact your local post.

Delivery by Local Post: Applies to orders valued up to $100.00 and weighing no more than 4 lbs (1.8kg). With this option, tracking is available up to destination country. Due to reduced access within the local postal network final mile delivery tracking will not be available. iHerb is striving towards better visibility with this option. For shipping related inquiries please contact your local post.
Using the new postal options I'll give iHerb another whirl as my previous package disappeared on arrival on Thailand.

I got refunded but all told it was 12 weeks of time wasted

Thanks for update

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Using the new postal options I'll give iHerb another whirl as my previous package disappeared on arrival on Thailand.

I got refunded but all told it was 12 weeks of time wasted
\Welcome to the club. I "lost" 3 packages over 2 yrs. Try the most expensive option. NEVER, I repeat, NEVER, ship via Thai post. Once the plane is on the ground, anything can and does happen to it. Lots of sticky fingers at the airport.
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

I ordered last week some tablets with a total cost plus post Bht1,200. I am using CJ Logistics which was only about 30Bht more than Post Plus. Then delivery is scheduled to arrive between 19th and 29th Jan, and I can track so I shall report back after arrival
Courage is grace under pressure and when circumstances change you change your mind.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Just received the below from IHerb. Seems CJ Logistics hasn't worked out for them. I did a re-order and CJ Logistics doesn't even appear as an option any longer. I'm thinking it could be Covid-19 related as Korea is being hit quite hard from what I read. Perhaps staffing problem...no idea.

"iHerb
Dear iHerb Customer,

We are reaching out to you regarding your recent order #xxxxxxxxxx with iHerb. Due to significant delays with the shipping carrier, we have cancelled and issued a refund for this order.

We have fully refunded the order to the original form of payment, which will be processed within the next few business days. If you would still like to purchase the products in the cancelled order through a different shipping carrier, please find order #xxxxxxxxx on your Orders page and click “Reorder.”

We have applied a $5 USD Rewards Credit to your account to use on your next purchase. We sincerely apologize for the inconvenience and we look forward to serving you again in the near future. Thank you for being a valued iHerb Customer.

Please note: Refunds may take 3-5 business days to appear in your bank account. If you have any questions or need further assistance, please contact our Customer Service team.

Sincerely,
The iHerb Team"
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Local post PLUS it is then....

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Yeah, I paid about $5 for the 'plus' shipping option - we'll see if it arrives.
They want 12.3 usd for local post PLUS to send my item

That kills it dead, cheaper on Lazada and more reliable delivery

Only problem is Lazada often try to sell stuff they don't have.....

buksida

Post by buksida »

Search around on the site (iHerb) - there are different providers of the same products and some have good deals on shipping.

The last thing I ordered was a quarter of the price in Thailand so even with expensive shipping it would have been cheaper.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PET
Legend
Legend

Post by PET »

PET wrote: Tue Jan 12, 2021 6:47 am I ordered last week some tablets with a total cost plus post Bht1,200. I am using CJ Logistics which was only about 30Bht more than Post Plus. Then delivery is scheduled to arrive between 19th and 29th Jan, and I can track so I shall report back after arrival
Yes same problem I received a message to say that the order had been cancelled because of excessive delays but that I could reorder with another shipper. I have done that and using Post Plus delivery now between 18 Feb and 2 March ( I hope) - also got a $5.50 discount from the original order
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

You'll see a box at check out to insert the code. Note expiration date, although I think they will renew/extend it as it's been valid for a several months now.

phpv9Fmo4AM.jpg
phpv9Fmo4AM.jpg (68.63 KiB) Viewed 809 times
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Search around on the site (iHerb) - there are different providers of the same products and some have good deals on shipping.

The last thing I ordered was a quarter of the price in Thailand so even with expensive shipping it would have been cheaper.
Unless I'm being thick(quite feasible) then Ive tried this and failed

I'm trying to buy Nivea Mens after shave balm. The problem seems to be that only iHerb themselves sell that so they dictate price & shipping. Product price is very good 194 baht but shipping is 371 baht local post PLUS.

Even then the wait is 6 weeks and you may have to pay duty on top

It's 440 baht on Lazada and here in 3 days....

Maybe its not the best thing to buy on iherb

But wait, as I write this Lazada have just run out of stock...... Bollocks!!!

Back to the drawing board...