Immigration scraps TM28 reporting requirements

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Immigration scraps TM28 reporting requirements

Post by Nereus »

PeteC wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:52 am What is this from the post above? https://www.immigration.go.th/read?cont ... 02b11f9cb9

Looks like the official order to me.
Yes it is, Pete. But as I posted previously they will insist on posting ambiguous wording, which led me to think that the 90 days was included.
Regulation of Royal Thai Police on notification of changing residence, moving, travelling to any province and staying there longer than twenty-four hours and notification of staying in the Kingdom longer than ninety days of an alien who has been granted a permission to temporarily stay in the Kingdom
The actual order is PDF and cannot be copied.(unless somebody has the software to convert it to a word document)
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Post by Hahuahin »

buksida wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 10:31 am
Hahuahin wrote: Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:36 pm Do you have the actual Thai Police order in Thai or a link regarding this subject?
No, but as mentioned above any 'order' is not going to be worth the piece of paper its written on as immigration offices/officers do what they want and there is zero consistency between them or the days of the week.
Okay so not really an official change of the law but more like "now we have to lighten the rules for a period for now we need the income we can get from both tourists and long-term pensioners". i.e. similar to after the financial crisis late nineties and after the tsunami etc. :|
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

Finally this stupid requirement has been scraped. I must remind you all that this is partially thanks to the online petition. How many of you pretended that this petition is useless. Now you see.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Is that opinion or fact? If you state it is a fact please evidence that with a link.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:13 pm Finally this stupid requirement has been scraped. I must remind you all that this is partially thanks to the online petition. How many of you pretended that this petition is useless. Now you see.
The petition was pretty much all about the TM30 and nothing has changed there.

https://reform-thai-immigration.com/
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

nil wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:33 pm
europtimiste wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:13 pm Finally this stupid requirement has been scraped. I must remind you all that this is partially thanks to the online petition. How many of you pretended that this petition is useless. Now you see.

The petition was pretty much for 28 and 30, I wished they include the 90 days report. Unfortunately wasn't done.
Important is 28 scraped, that's for the majority of us. TM 30 concern address change and hotels.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

europtimiste wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 4:27 pm
nil wrote: Sat Feb 22, 2020 1:33 pm

The petition was pretty much for 28 and 30, I wished they include the 90 days report. Unfortunately wasn't done.
Important is 28 scraped, that's for the majority of us. TM 30 concern address change and hotels.
TM30 was what started the petition after it started being strictly enforced last year and lots of people were getting fined, TM28 was always mainly ignored.
But I’ll leave this debate now. Immigration have always been vague and inconsistent between individuals and offices. It looks like they have may have unofficially backed down from the hardline approach and money earning exercise from the TM30 fines.