Tourists warned after new video exposes cruel elephant training methods

Local Hua Hin and regional Thailand news articles and discussion.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Nothing new with this, it has been going on for centuries. What needs to stop is the unnecessary infliction of pain on the animals--ANY animal! I grew up on a farm and my father would have kicked my backside from one end of the farm to the other if he had found me hurting any animal! Asians in general seem to have no understanding of animals, clearly demonstrated by the eating of dogs!
Most animals can be trained by using a reward based method, and the odd rogue that cannot be trained should be left alone.
....................................................................................................................

https://au.news.yahoo.com/tourists-warn ... 35382.html

WARNING - DISTRESSING CONTENT:

Heartbreaking footage of baby elephants being trained to entertain travellers has been shared in a bid to lift the veil on wildlife tourism.

In never before seen video, the four stages of “the crush” have been captured by an investigator, showing baby elephants separated from their mothers before being taught to give rides and pose for photographs.

Footage shot by an investigator, working with animal rights group World Animal Protection (WAP), shows how eight baby elephants were prepared for the tourism industry by three of Thailand’s most prolific trainers, known as mahouts.

long article>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!