British Food

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: British Food

Post by caller »

bigston wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 7:07 pm WOW, 6 Litres,,,,thats one hell of a big Tea Cup.... i guess you dont need another one in the afternoon
I drink a lot of tea! :D
Talk is cheap
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:22 pm
caller wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 pmI am surprised to learn you used filtered water in the UK. Why would you do that?
I live in a very hard water area so it protects the kettle (and coffee machine) from scaling up with calcium.
Ah, I understand now. I used to live in a hard water area, and just bought cheap kettles and replaced them when they furred up. But, I am not a coffee drinker, so I neveer consider that strange brew! :D

Lesson learnt.
Talk is cheap
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

caller wrote:
Dannie Boy wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:22 pm
caller wrote: Tue Oct 04, 2022 1:19 pmI am surprised to learn you used filtered water in the UK. Why would you do that?
I live in a very hard water area so it protects the kettle (and coffee machine) from scaling up with calcium.
Ah, I understand now. I used to live in a hard water area, and just bought cheap kettles and replaced them when they furred up. But, I am not a coffee drinker, so I neveer consider that strange brew! :D

Lesson learnt.
Kettles are relatively cheap so on its own I might not bother, but I have a Sage Barista Express coffee machine that costs £600 so I want to preserve it for as long as possible.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

I remember my father telling me about my grandfather who had an old style grocers shop in a small Nottinghamshire market town. At that time they sold loose leaf tea and he used to blend his own to suit the local water. He would order several teas by the chest and mix them in the relevant proportions to get the right taste.
I don't think you get that kind of service from Big C!
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes we’ve gained a lot over the years and lost a lot too!! I’m still a loose tea fan and normally bring a mix of teas back from the UK (Sainsbury’s, Asda, Brooke Bond etc) and blend my own - but no consideration to the water!!