Social meeting / expat clubs ?

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
ThaiMike
Rookie
Rookie

Social meeting / expat clubs ?

Post by ThaiMike »

Just settled in a house in Hua Hin and would like to know if there are any social meeting clubs or expat clubs where we can meet new people ?
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Social meeting / expat clubs ?

Post by HarryVardon »

What are your interests? Look up golf, tennis, bridge, etc. There are also national societies (Dutch, Swedish, German, etc.). Look for the appropriate one.
ThaiMike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ThaiMike »

Most messages here on the national societies forums are years old , i was wondering if there is an active social club here in Hua hin like they have in Pattaya ; The pcec and there is another one as well with weekly meetings / activities and so on. Can't seem to find one here.
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think most of that stuff is conducted on farcebook these days. Forum's are more for discussion and sharing information.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
ThaiMike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ThaiMike »

Facebook... that explains, i left that platform years ago. Will make an empty profile and look around , thanks !
buksida

Post by buksida »

ThaiMike wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:51 am Facebook... that explains, i left that platform years ago.
Likewise mate, but it seems that most of Thailand is still addicted to it ...
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

buksida wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 10:13 am
ThaiMike wrote: Tue Jul 28, 2020 9:51 am Facebook... that explains, i left that platform years ago.
Likewise mate, but it seems that most of Thailand is still addicted to it ...
Mostly the over 30's. The younger ones are twitterers.
ThaiMike
Rookie
Rookie

Post by ThaiMike »

Well if anyone is interested in meeting up for a fun evening or lunch let me know, i speak English, Dutch, German and a bit of Thai and come with a Thai girlfriend. Drop me a PM or we can create a group here
Last edited by ThaiMike on Wed Jul 29, 2020 8:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

There is Trash Heroes which may not be what you're looking for but a way to meet some good people
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.