One Night In Bangkok - Where to Stay

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

One Night In Bangkok - Where to Stay

Post by Ratsima »

My wife has to represent a client at the Bangkok South Civil Court (Sathorn area) on the morning of October 21st. We plan to drive from Korat to Bangkok on the 20th, spend the night and then drive on to Cha Am after court on the 21st. We need a place to stay in Bangkok. The main consideration is easy access to the hotel from any highway/tollway. We've always had horrible experiences driving in Bangkok, so some place that involves little such driving would be preferred. My wife plans to travel from the hotel to the court via BTS or some other public transport. Hotel cost is much less of a consideration than ease of access and the availability of parking at the hotel. We'd prefer something in the Sukhumvit area as we know that part of Bangkok the best, but that is not a huge consideration.

I was thinking of the Ambassador, but it seems that getting from the Ambassador to a highway headed south is somewhat complicated.

Any other ideas?
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: One Night In Bangkok - Where to Stay

Post by Jack_Batty »

If I were you, I would stay close to the court. It’s right by the highway AND the Sapahan Thaksin BTS stop, which is part of the Silom line. You could easily walk to the stop and be in the center of it all in no time, and you won’t have to deal with all the b.s. traffic. I’m seeing several nice hotels in the area and they have parking. One hotel that looks really nice is the Miloft Sathorn.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Re: One Night In Bangkok - Where to Stay

Post by Ratsima »

Thanks. The Miloft Sathorn is already fully booked. But, as you note, there are plenty of others in that area. And, access to the expressway looks easy.