Thailand's first legal cannabis restaurant

Medical issues, doctors, dentists, opticians and hospitals in Hua Hin and Thailand.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Thailand's first legal cannabis restaurant

Post by migrant »

The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Re: Thailand's first legal cannabis restaurant

Post by wenshidi »

Complete legalisation would be a good way to stimulate the economy, especially at a time it really needs it. Home grows would be an easy way for the hardest hit to supplement their incomes.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Just by coincidence, Double-blind has a very enlightening article this morning entitled, "Why All Drugs Should be Legal."

https://doubleblindmag.com/why-all-drug ... -be-legal/
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

wenshidi wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 9:22 am Just by coincidence, Double-blind has a very enlightening article this morning entitled, "Why All Drugs Should be Legal."

https://doubleblindmag.com/why-all-drug ... -be-legal/
Oregon just legalized all drugs and is offering rehab instead of prison.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Am I missing something. If all drugs are legalised why would prison even be in the equation?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Tue Feb 02, 2021 7:17 pm Am I missing something. If all drugs are legalised why would prison even be in the equation?
They are speaking of what would have happened in the past. In the present, you have the opportunity of receiving rehab instead of, as you would have had in the past, prison.
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

Thailand has a similar problem to the US with around 70% of the prison population being incarcerated for minor drug possession charges. This is creating a very rapidly growing criminal class who leave prison with no other options.
Draconian drug laws were very profitable for police when there were lots of tourists to shake down, but all that extra income has dried up now, and all those prisoners are a huge drain on national resources.
Prohibition has failed miserably in the US on both occasions it was implemented. Why would it be successful in Thailand?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

wenshidi wrote: Wed Feb 03, 2021 9:49 am Thailand has a similar problem to the US with around 70% of the prison population being incarcerated for minor drug possession charges. This is creating a very rapidly growing criminal class who leave prison with no other options.
Draconian drug laws were very profitable for police when there were lots of tourists to shake down, but all that extra income has dried up now, and all those prisoners are a huge drain on national resources.
Prohibition has failed miserably in the US on both occasions it was implemented. Why would it be successful in Thailand?
The more prisoners, the more money for the prisons, the more money for the prisons, the more money for the staff. There are also the bribes that the staff collect from the prisoners via money sent to them by relatives and given to the guards to allow visitors in. Prisons are a money making scheme. Ditto prohibition.

Each new law brings opportunities for making money for the govt.,via taxation to uphold and carry out the law, public officials & the police, via bribes, lawyers, crooked business people.

Every person executed is revenue lost. Those incarcerated for life are virtual ATMs.
Thailightzone
Suspended
Suspended

Post by Thailightzone »

Market Village Image
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I saw that sign the other day and wondered if they'll sell the leaves separately?

No one is going to get high from a cannabis drink.

Cooking with it is a different story but it takes about 14 grams per box of Brownie mix to get high from 1 Brownie.

Without knowing the THC content, if there is any, this is just another Thai scam.

Enjoy the coffee but don't get your hopes up. 😒
wenshidi
Professional
Professional

Post by wenshidi »

No one is going to buy more than one either.
They taste worse that Chinese herbal tea.
Plus they are four times as much as a fresh young coconut.
Somebody is having a laugh.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Now that Kratom is legal, we should be seeing some different teas made from that.

I tried a homebrewed one at the weekend and it was good. Knowing how things work here though, it'll just be Lipton with a Kratom label and very little of the actual plant in it - or there will be stupid time restrictions to stop people staying awake all night.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Hold on. I thought the curfew was to deter people from "speeding around" late at night.

Mind you, it just might help some of the locals get off their bottoms and do something and even enjoy it?
buksida

Post by buksida »

I think the curfew is to stop people protesting and criticising the regime... :duck:
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

That must be why Baguette up the road is selling ganja products?

I haven't tried them yet but I suppose I'd have to eat 100 loaves to feel "unpolitical"? Then again the populace would just be too fat to get off their bottoms.

OK, kratom could come back to nip the junta's bottom.