Hua Hin Japan Mall on the By-Pass

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Hua Hin Japan Mall on the By-Pass

Post by sateeb »

This place could be for you if you enjoy browsing for bargains. It's kinda like a car boot sale place on steroids. Full of bric a brac. I picked up some nice Japanese beer glasses and espresso cups.

It's about 3 kms south of the big pala u roundabout. Find it on Google Maps or Facebook page. :cheers:

https://www.facebook.com/huahinjapanmall
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Re: Hua Hin Japan Mall on the By-Pass

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you for that - as much as I dislike shopping, I'll take a browse around soon. Did you notice whether it was wheelchair friendly?
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Apologies, I didn't notice but from memory there are no big steps. The aisles are quite narrow though.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

OK, thank you. We'll give it a go anyway. I'm not a bad driver, but let's see :laugh:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

After the family spotted this, I've been ordered to take them to visit.

I'm surprised it's not cropped up before. Posts on their facebook page goes back to September last year!
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Does anyone have the opening hours?
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

caller wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 pm Does anyone have the opening hours?
According to Googun 9.00 to 5.30 Mon to Sat :cheers:

― George Carlin
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

sateeb wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 11:57 pm
caller wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 8:38 pm Does anyone have the opening hours?
According to Googun 9.00 to 5.30 Mon to Sat :cheers:
Many thanks. I did look before asking, but with no joy.
Talk is cheap
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Mar 08, 2021 4:50 pm Thank you for that - as much as I dislike shopping, I'll take a browse around soon. Did you notice whether it was wheelchair friendly?
Had another "mooch" today and did notice that there is a wheelchair friendly gently inclined ramp up to the entrance but no ramp to the loo's :cheers:

― George Carlin
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

On the facebook site, it says, "Not Closed Sunday." However the days open are Mon-Sat.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Best solution would be to use the messenger function on the left hand side of their page and ask them directly.

― George Carlin
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, I've been, and the sign outside says something like 10 'til 6, days a week (my short version of a long winded sign).

sateeb's description was very accurate i.e.:
It's kinda like a car boot sale place on steroids. Full of bric a brac. I picked up some nice Japanese beer glasses and espresso cups.
If I'm honest, I have to say I was disappointed. My thoughts driving home were 'house clearance'. Maybe the name made me think there would also be some connection with Japan, but if there was, I could not see it. Yes, there were some interesting glasses, and I'm sure you would find enough to make a set. There was nothing there that we needed, and although Mrs BB's reaction was, "Rubbish, we won't go again." I wouldn't rule it out if I thought they had what we needed. I didn't look at prices, but by the sheer nature of the place, I'd guess cheap.

It was wheelchair friendly

Points 48; Position 20