Remote control for 3bb router

Technology, computers, internet, websites, mobiles, cameras, audio and video.
SPONSORS: Hua Hin Web Design
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Re: Remote control for 3bb router

Post by Hahuahin »

fft100 wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 12:55 pm
Hahuahin wrote: Sat Apr 24, 2021 6:27 am Thanks for the replies. :oops: :? Well then it's me who is a bit left with a bit old-fashioned as I have always heard that you should turn off the router when you are not at home and when router not in use as the router will be very hot which in turn will lead to slower internet and the possibility that some may hack the system if they have unlimited time to try.
hahuahin :)

How far is it to the street from your router - can your phone see your router if you stand on the street ? If not, then they probably can't see it either. If the strength is good.on the street, some routers let you turn down the strength to reduce the range.
My phone can see the router but with a very week signal and when trying to connect I get the message that: "connection is denied" I dont know why that message because I used correct password but maybe it was because the week signal!
hahuahin
Hahuahin
Guru
Guru

Re: Remote control for 3bb router

Post by Hahuahin »

VincentD wrote: Mon Apr 26, 2021 6:25 pm It's always a good idea to turn it off every other week then turn out back on. It's like a soft reset; it's something I do if I notice speed starting to slow down.
Also, make sure your wifi is password protected with a decent password that is not your phone number.
I have a free app called wifi analyzer installed on my phone; with it your can see all the other wifi routers around, channel, signal strength and whether or not they are secured. You'll be quite surprised what you see with it.
I use password and its not my phone number. Interesting this you say with the "wifi analyzer" probably something for scepticals as me :)
hahuahin