Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Premier League 2021-22

Post by Lost »

Big, big games concerning the relegation battle tonight. Should Everton get the win against Palace, they will be safe. Burnley really needing a win against Villa in the other game. I'm watching the toffees, should be fiery. Can Everton keep eleven men on the pitch this time? :D

Good luck tonight thecolonel!

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The Colonel will be happy after Everton come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2!!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri May 20, 2022 4:21 am The Colonel will be happy after Everton come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2!!
Indeed, what a game! Chuffed for Dele too. Came on and changed the game. The lad's had an untold amount of grief from the Everton fans but after today's heroics, this is the general feeling from the Everton lot...

:thumb: :laugh:

Now he needs to start against the Arse and do the business again.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Patrick Viera still got that fire in him I see. :D

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Dannie Boy wrote:The Colonel will be happy after Everton come back from 2-0 down to win 3-2!!
Sorry, late to the party

Yes a tremendous victory from two nil down under the most pressure possible.

Just goes to show that there's been a motivational issue all season.

Together with a toxic manager, horrendous injuries and let's just say way more than our fair share of bad refereeing decisions.

Hope the owner now cashes out and we get some proper leadership. He's just a fool with money!

Could've done without the pitch invasion after the last goal. Game still going on. Bang out of order! I do not condone that. After final whistle is understandable in the circumstances.

Lost, there have been mixed performances from Dele to be fair. If he's such an influential skillful player then why hasn't FL(and nb along with his team of experienced coaches) started him or given him more minutes bearing in mind we've been crying out for that all seaon? What I'm saying is that there's a reason for that and Dele himself needs to address it. Something's going on with that lad off the pitch. Hope he sorts it out.

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lost, there have been mixed performances from Dele to be fair. If he's such an influential skillful player then why hasn't FL(and nb along with his team of experienced coaches) started him or given him more minutes bearing in mind we've been crying out for that all seaon? What I'm saying is that there's a reason for that and Dele himself needs to address it. Something's going on with that lad off the pitch. Hope he sorts it out

I should have said he's quite rightly been given an untold amount of grief from Everton fans.

He's been proper shite for the most part. Just happy for the lad that he managed to make an impact in an important game.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Gross. Feckin gross (if reports turn out to be true). Almost 2 million a week after tax. For some perspective, Harry Kane gets 200k a week. And I'm just not gonna say anything about that signing on bonus. :shock: :banghead:

Anywho, happy last day of the season lads. Can Gerrard's Villa take some points off City or will Spurs' draw with Liverpool ultimately cost them the title (though we took 6 points off City so technically we kept them in the title race in the first place).

Will Norwich take the champions league away from spurs? Can a toothless Arsenal up their game against Everton and take the win? Burnley or Leeds to go down?

Exciting last day of the season. :D

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Lost wrote:Gross. Feckin gross (if reports turn out to be true). Almost 2 million a week after tax. For some perspective, Harry Kane gets 200k a week. And I'm just not gonna say anything about that signing on bonus. :shock: :banghead:

Anywho, happy last day of the season lads. Can Gerrard's Villa take some points off City or will Spurs' draw with Liverpool ultimately cost them the title (though we took 6 points off City so technically we kept them in the title race in the first place).

Will Norwich take the champions league away from spurs? Can a toothless Arsenal up their game against Everton and take the win? Burnley or Leeds to go down?

Exciting last day of the season. :D

So 1 hour before KO

Leeds to draw, Burnley lose and go down.

Spurs win by 3+ goals, Arsenal win in vein

LFC win easily

MCFC.... all I know is it will be very close as per last time v QPR

I can't call it, but certainly hope they do it

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

"Are you watching, Arsenal", booms around Carrow Road. :mrgreen:

If we can get another two, I'm gonna let myself celebrate a little.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Holy crap, City are losing. Liverpool back to 1-1 after going behind early. I'm gonna have to break out some dated tech in the drawers to get some more games on the go. 😂
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

thecolonel said
Leeds to draw, Burnley lose and go down.
Burnley slip onto the relegation zone as of the half time scores. Burnley losing, Leeds drawing.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

United drop into the conference league in current standings, losing to Palace while West Ham are up against Brighton.

35354732-8923313-image-a-79_1604712082067.jpg
35354732-8923313-image-a-79_1604712082067.jpg (20.21 KiB) Viewed 108 times
:laugh:

I wasn't going to post before the full time spurs score. Didn't want to jinx it. But caught up in the moment. :D

Hope I haven't jinxed it. :shock:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Doubt any interest but just in case... this YouTube stream is a lad commentating on all the games as they happen.

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

thecolonel wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 8:59 pm
Spurs win by 3+ goals, Arsenal win in vein
If you don't mind throwing a few lottery numbers in with your footy predictions of today, that would be great. Only if it's no bother. 👍

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Madness in the final day. City go 2 behind in the 69th minute. Liverpool need a goal to be champions.

City score 3 in 12 minutes.