Benefits of being in a lockdown.

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Benefits of being in a lockdown.

Post by HHTel »

I guess there's some pleasure in watching your bank account grow, Steve!
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My bubble is small, like most here I would guess. Just 3, me, wife, daughter. It's critical to get out, regardless of the stifling heat here, and either walk or just sit and watch the sea under a shady tree with a snack and a drink.

If you stay inside all the time, and in front of these damn computers, it will kill you perhaps faster than if you caught Covid?! :shock:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

You do make me jealous, Pete. My house has 8 including myself and 4 kids!!

Fortunately, it's a big house with a huge garden so I can find some peace and quiet occasionally.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

HHTel wrote: Mon May 31, 2021 1:34 pm I guess there's some pleasure in watching your bank account grow, Steve!
I admit I've been very lucky in that respect because a large portion of the aviation industry is unemployed right now.
I've been in the strange situation that going to an airport and fixing 747's is so much more exciting than being in a studio apartment alone in lockdown, that I haven't even taken a single days vacation yet this year.
At least there are people to talk to at work!
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Re: Coronavirus (Covid-19) News

Post by europtimiste »

It's with amusement I sometimes read some comments.
The only thing I miss is my bar tours.
Beside of that nothing has changed in my life, oh yes only one thing the mask.....555
Alcoholic drinks in special cups, some nice times in rooms, hotels, massages are open, beaches are here.
Those who like volunteer quarantine, wish them a lot of pleasure.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Further to my weight loss challenge.
I can hardly carry the weight I've lost. Didn't seem that heavy when it was part of my body. Lost 20 kg (2 sacks of dog food) as of today. Now at 86.5. kgs down from 106
That's 3 stone 2 pounds in old money. I'm pretty pleased with myself.
Skinny Terry.jpg
Skinny Terry.jpg (33.16 KiB) Viewed 813 times