Superbru Premier League 2021-22

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
PeteC

Superbru Premier League 2021-22

Post by PeteC »

We've had a request to open the pool for next season already, so it's been opened. Those who played last season should receive an automatic invitation. For those who don't, go to the below to sign up. Only 49 days until opening day. :shock: :cheers:

https://www.superbru.com/premierleague_ ... p=12360873

or by downloading the Superbru app ( https://www.superbru.com/get-the-app ) and searching for the pool with code:

awoljunk
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
PeteC

Re: Superbru Premier League 2021-22

Post by PeteC »

Bump....about 1 month left until start.

Maybe we can get Buksida and Bamboo Grove in this year. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pmMaybe we can get Buksida and Bamboo Grove in this year. :cheers:
Hey, it's all good fun..........!!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Don't forget your picks.

Something that may be different this season, I'm not sure, is that the game date and time Superbru is displaying on the pick page we all see is local Thai date and time, not BST.
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

PeteC wrote: ↑Mon Jul 12, 2021 4:18 pm
Maybe we can get Buksida and Bamboo Grove in this year. :cheers:
Hey, it's all good fun..........!!
I got a bit tired of this a few years ago. To do predictions to so many matches week in week out, is too tiring for me. It's ok for occasional WC or EC. I'm totally happy to play FPL, though.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

PeteC wrote: Fri Aug 13, 2021 3:04 pm Something that may be different this season, I'm not sure, is that the game date and time Superbru is displaying on the pick page we all see is local Thai date and time, not BST.
All based on individual players registered location - mine show's all UK times (including those in the Rugby Championship league).

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

My oh my. It's not over yet but it should be, and per the below one would think Arsenal would be well ahead, not! 2-0 Brentford and that's the way it may end unless a miracle happens. Beware the upstart new clubs playing at home to a full stadium on opening day. :(

phpP2yKnEPM.jpg
phpP2yKnEPM.jpg (21.01 KiB) Viewed 298 times
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

Yup. The start to my season has kicked off pretty much as the whole of last season turned out - ie wrong results.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

PeteC wrote: Sat Aug 14, 2021 3:54 am My oh my. It's not over yet but it should be, and per the below one would think Arsenal would be well ahead, not! 2-0 Brentford and that's the way it may end unless a miracle happens. Beware the upstart new clubs playing at home to a full stadium on opening day. :(

phpP2yKnEPM.jpg
The stats don't tell the story. Arsenal were shocking. Hardly mustered up a single decent chance on goal. If it had been 3 or 4 nil it wouldn't have been unfair on Arsenal.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Whaahahahahahahahaha - Brentford top, and the @rse, well ... "bottom" :wink:

Fair shout to the "Bees"!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Arteta seems like a very capable manager, but perhaps he's not hard enough. These guys need to get read the riot act, and hopefully there are some monetary bad performance penalties built into their contracts. There were a lot of instances last season where it appeared many were playing below their capabilities....laziness.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I haven't seen the game -although predicted the result - but I wouldn't write Arsenal off just yet.

They have been in decline for years and given time, I am sure Arteta is the right man. They are still living in the shadow of Wengers final years and this start may shake up the boards complacency. They wanted Ramsey as keeper, Sheffield United wanted their pot of gold, still a reasonable fee in my opinion, but Arsenal pulled out. Will they now go back and pay up? They have to really. If not, without top players, there is little point continuing.
Talk is cheap
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

As I did last season, I think, I'll post pool standings only once a month starting at the beginning of September. :cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Here are the standings as of the end of August. :cheers:

phpU8e1JjPM.jpg
phpU8e1JjPM.jpg (31.42 KiB) Viewed 248 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

After seeing yesterday's results, I've been afraid to look at this week's Superbru results. :shock: I'm pleasantly surprised with 2 results - we were all useless this week :laugh:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20