Cricket

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Re: Cricket

Post by dtaai-maai »

Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:55 pm Unbelievably, a second Australian cricketer dies - Shane Warne at just 52 died today from a suspected heart attack.

I remember watching him at his peak in 1997 at the World Cup finals in Pakistan. RIP
https://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/cricket/60622426
Wow, this is a surprise. Worth noting he died "in his villa on Koh Samui".
This is the way
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

dtaai-maai wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 11:52 pm
Dannie Boy wrote: Fri Mar 04, 2022 9:55 pm Unbelievably, a second Australian cricketer dies - Shane Warne at just 52 died today from a suspected heart attack.

I remember watching him at his peak in 1997 at the World Cup finals in Pakistan. RIP
Wow, this is a surprise. Worth noting he died "in his villa on Koh Samui".
And just why is that "worth noting"?

https://au.sports.yahoo.com/cricket-202 ... 00166.html

Warne died in a Thailand hotel on Friday while on holiday of a suspected heart attack, with his management confirming he was found unresponsive and unable to be revived.

Thai police have since revealed that a group of friends Warne was holidaying with at a villa on Koh Samui, tried to save his life.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

Nereus wrote: Sat Mar 05, 2022 10:31 am And just why is that "worth noting"?
Simply because the fact that he died in Thailand adds an element of interest to the story for a forum for expats in Thailand.
This is the way
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Test match series between the West Indies and England. The first day England were 286 for 6 which is very good considering they were 48 for 4. Bairstow ended the day not out 109. Holder a West Indian bowler bowled his first 5 overs all maidens. Good bowling.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

West Indies gain an advantage England all out for 311, Bairstow last man out for 140, brilliant innings.
West Indies 202 for for 4. The game could still swing either way.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Has to be said, sporting events that I want to see before I pop my clogs would be cricket in the West Indies and the Rugby Classic in Bermuda.... :thumb:

[EDIT] And F1 at Monza - have already done Silverstone and can't be arsed with Monaco quite frankly... :thumb: :wink: :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 7:23 am ^ Has to be said, sporting events that I want to see before I pop my clogs would be cricket in the West Indies and the Rugby Classic in Bermuda.... :thumb:

[EDIT] And F1 at Monza - have already done Silverstone and can't be arsed with Monaco quite frankly... :thumb: :wink: :D
This is being played in Antigua, For lunch whilst you are watching cricket barbecued lobster and cool beers. Heaven. Been to twickenham for rugby army v navy that was a booze up took me two days to recover.
:cheers: :cheers:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ As a Welshman, a bbq in the north carpark at "Twickers" was great (despite DM in attendance sat in his Landrover I'm told) - I doubt it compares to a bbq in Antigua though! Relaxing in the sun, a cocktail in hand and bbq'd seafood is a dream!! :thumb:

Rugby-wise I've been incredibly lucky - all Six Nations grounds, many SA grounds and Aus grounds too (I've even played on a few) - NZ needs to be added!

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Shane Warne body arrives at Bangkok airport for flight back to Australia

https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/2277 ... -australia
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

PeteC wrote: Thu Mar 10, 2022 10:43 am

Shane Warne body arrives at Bangkok airport for flight back to Australia

https://www.bangkokpost.com/sports/2277 ... -australia
The body of Shane Warne left Thailand early on Thursday, flying back to Australia where the cricket superstar will receive a state funeral.

Wrapped in the Australian flag, the coffin of the 52-year-old -- who died on Koh Samui on Friday -- left Don Mueang airport at 8.24 am on a private plane, an airport official confirmed.

Interesting side note: Big Joke, Pol Lt Gen Surachate Hakparn, assistant to the national police chief, whom caused so much grief to expats and others, was seen on TV footage directing operations.
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

West Indies 373 for 9 a lead of 62,best batsman Bonner out for 123. Gives the West Indies an advantage. :cry:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Good day for England rain interrupted play finished on 217 for 1 Crawley 117 Root 84 both not out. I reckon a draw is an almost certainty in this match.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

West Indies v England, England scored 349 for 6 declared in their second innings West Indies 147 for 4 match drawn.
Good performance by England however Woakes and Overton no replacement for Anderson and Broad. Woods was injured could not bowl in the second innings.

:cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Cricketing terms.
A description of some cricketing terms and their origins.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

2nd test against the West Indies, England 244 for 3 Root not out 119 Lawrence out for 91 on the penultimate ball of the first day.