Cricket

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Cricket

Post by lindosfan1 »

2nd day West Indies 232 for 8 a lead of 28 runs, England new to bowl the rest out very quickly.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

West Indies 1st innings 297 all out. England 2nd innings 103 for 8 a lead of 10 runs. We,ve about as much chance of winning that as I have flapping my arms and flying. Terrible display. :banghead:
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 4:51 am West Indies 1st innings 297 all out. England 2nd innings 103 for 8 a lead of 10 runs. We,ve about as much chance of winning that as I have flapping my arms and flying. Terrible display. :banghead:
Don’t jump :duck:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

England all out for 120 West Indies 28 for no wicket. Well played by the West Indies.
England have gone 17 tests with no wins. The white ball game they are very good, but they need rapid improvements in their red ball games.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:59 pm England all out for 120 West Indies 28 for no wicket. Well played by the West Indies.
England have gone 17 tests with no wins. The white ball game they are very good, but they need rapid improvements in their red ball games.
lindos, I truly admire the support - for Christ's sake I'm Welsh and still supporting the rugby, both National and Regional!! :roll: :cry: :oops:

But let's be fair...... The England cricket team is shite (all round).
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Mon Mar 28, 2022 3:53 am
lindosfan1 wrote: Sun Mar 27, 2022 11:59 pm England all out for 120 West Indies 28 for no wicket. Well played by the West Indies.
lindos, I truly admire the support - for Christ's sake I'm Welsh and still supporting the rugby, both National and Regional!! :roll: :cry: :oops:

But let's be fair...... The England cricket team is shite (all round).
I played cricket in my younger days always enjoyed watching the game as well. Not sure about the team being shite, I feel the selectors made a mistake leaving Broad and Andersen out.
:cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I have been following the women's 50 over world cup. The lost their first 3 matches, including losing to South Africa.
They managed to qualify for the semi finals. Looking at the report it was a magnificent team performance beating the South Africans by 137 runs. I have posted the link to the result as it is worth looking at the score cards. Pity the men cannot improve like this. The final is Sunday against the Aussies who are unbeaten. If both teams are in their best form could be a brilliant match. Worth watching the hilights in the link below.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

The Australian women won the 50 world cup by 71 runs. Not surprising they did not lose a match. For England Sciver, Shrubsole and Brunt had an outstanding performance.
DM desperately looking for some womens volleyball for you. :D
pharvey I think one man and his dog is coming back. :roll: :neener:
:cheers:
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

WG Grace: Cricket legend has 10 matches wiped from iconic first-class record

https://www.bbc.com/sport/cricket/61308258 (Photo)

Poor WG Grace...

One hundred and fourteen years after the legendary Victorian era cricketer's last match - and more than a century after his death - he has had 685 runs, 67 wickets and two centuries wiped from the records books.

In a ruthless move the Wisden Cricketers' Almanack has decided that 10 of Grace's matches were not at first-class level and as a result updated its records.

Grace, regarded as one of biggest 'celebrities' of Victorian England, can rest easily, however.

He still has the small matter of 54,211 first-class runs, 2,809 wickets and 124 centuries to his name from a career that spanned 44 seasons between 1865 and 1908.

Grace's run haul is only bettered by four men, all pre-war cricketers, while he opened the batting for England beyond his 50th birthday.

But the move, which brings Wisden in line with the Association of Cricket Statisticians and Historians, does mean Grace's historic feat of becoming the first player to score 100 first-class hundreds actually happened two weeks later than first thought - bad news for any owners of memorabilia which carries the original date.

Wisden editor Lawrence Booth told the Times: "The time has come to accept that the Almanack should be more concerned with record than romance."

The situation is eerily similar to one iconic moment on Test Match Special when BBC cricket correspondent Jonathan Agnew tricked pundit and former England opener Geoffrey Boycott into thinking there was a discrepancy with his first-class record...
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

The first test match the year against New Zealand finshed today. Root scored 115 not out in the second innings also reach 10,000 test runs an excellent achievement. There was some good bowling by the English bowlers, good to see Andersen and Broad back., with a good show by the new boy Potts 7 wickets in 2 innings.

England won by 5 wickets the details in the link below. :dance: :dance: :dance:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

England beat New Zealand by 5 wickets in the 2nd test match, both sides played well.
First innings Pope and Root scored centuries.
How in the second innings Bairstow scored 136 the second fastest test centeury ever. :clap:
However in the final 25 overs of the second innings England (Bairstow and Stokes mainly) scored 206 runs in 25 overs astounding cricket. :dance: :dance: :dance:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 12:36 am England beat New Zealand by 5 wickets in the 2nd test match, both sides played well.
First innings Pope and Root scored centuries.
How in the second innings Bairstow scored 136 the second fastest test centeury ever. :clap:
However in the final 25 overs of the second innings England (Bairstow and Stokes mainly) scored 206 runs in 25 overs astounding cricket. :dance: :dance: :dance:
Have seen the result on the BBC news - thought you might just be a "Happy Bunny" lindos.... Enjoy :D :thumb:

I note it's only the "England and Wales" team when you lose..... :wink: :D
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

England have just played an match against India left over fom the series last year, covid struck. Having just beaten the world champions in the 3 match series earlier this year I was hopeful.
Well they thrashed India needing 378 to win in the second innings, :dance: they scored 378 for 3 Root scored 142 not out Bairstow 114 not out and man of the match, he scored 2 centuries. That is the highest run chase ever scored by England at Edgbaston.
Making Brendan Mccullum manager and Stokes captain has worked, the seem to given the team an energy that was not there before.
Pakistan later in theseason, looking foward to that.
:cheers: :dance: :clap:
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

lindosfan1 wrote: Tue Jul 05, 2022 6:48 pm Pakistan later in theseason, looking foward to that.
:cheers: :dance: :clap:
England start a tour of Pakistan in December, but there's a lot happening before that. A number of ODI and T20 games against India and then Sth Africa coming up shortly over 3 weeks, then a 3-match test series against Sth Africa in August-September. Interesting times!

EDIT: https://www.ecb.co.uk/england/men/fixtures
This is the way
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

When I first saw this story I immediately thought this hot number was in Thailand with him when Shane Warne suffered his fatal heart attack. She wasn't, but she's really enough to give anyone a heart attack!

Quite something for 51 years old. :shock:

https://thethaiger.com/news/national/ho ... n-thailand (Photos and full story)
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source