Beach Handball - improper clothing

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Beach Handball - improper clothing

Post by dtaai-maai »

improper clothing.jpg
improper clothing.jpg (61.75 KiB) Viewed 126 times

Which team got fined by the European Handball Federation for wearing 'improper clothing'?

Yep, the reds of course! And quite right too!
Norway have been fined 1,500 euros (£1,295) for wearing shorts instead of bikini bottoms at the European Beach Handball Championships.

The European Handball Federation (EHF) said it had imposed the fine because of a case of "improper clothing".

Norway's players wore shorts instead of bikini bottoms during a bronze medal match against Spain in Varna, Bulgaria.

Norway's Handball Federation (NHF) had already stated it would pay if their players were fined.

An EHF statement said a disciplinary commission had imposed a fine of "150 euros per player, for a total of 1,500 euros".

It added that Norway had played with shorts that are "not according to the athlete uniform regulations defined in the IHF [International Handball Federation] beach handball rules of the game."
:lach: :lach: :lach:
This is the way
buksida

Re: Beach Handball - improper clothing

Post by buksida »

Ties in with this ludicrous story ...

Team GB's Olivia Breen 'disgusted' by comments over 'inappropriate' sprint kit from official
Team GB Paralympian Olivia Breen has said she was left "disgusted" after an England Athletics official told her that her sprint uniform was "inappropriate" and "too revealing" at the England Championships on Sunday.

Double world-champion Breen, who has cerebral palsy, is set to compete in the T38 long jump at the Tokyo 2020 Paralympic Games next month.

Breen was wearing the same style of competition briefs that she has worn for the duration of her nine-year career.

"I just finished my last long jump competition before [Paralympic] selection," Breen told ESPN. "This official came up to me and said to me: 'Can I speak to you?' And she just said, 'I think your briefs are too revealing. I think you should consider buying some shorts.'

https://www.espn.com/olympics/story/_/i ... t-official
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Beach Handball - improper clothing

Post by Dannie Boy »

So it’s not just Thailand that applies conflicting standards - international sports does it too!!