Thai Logic

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Thai Logic

Post by handdrummer »

I submit the following as examples of Thai Logic. Feel free to add your own.

The doors to the outside, in my house, open toward the outside and the screen doors are on the inside.

The screens on the windows are on the inside and you have to remove them to open the windows.

The hasp on the gate is on the same side as the hook and when you put a lock through the hook you can still open the gate.

When the 4 lane road was constructed on Klong Rd., it was raised in the middle section and the drains installed on the high side, consequently, when it rains the water doesn't drain into the canal.

Where Soi 10 meets Petchasem Rd., there is a manhole cover that is raised several inches above Soi 10 and when it rains the water doesn't go down the hole and the road floods.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Re: Thai Logic

Post by HarryVardon »

I could give you many examples like this that I have seen in various European countries, it's not just in Thailand. You have chosen to live here so accept the way they do things or go back home. I admit that Asian logic is quite often different than Western logic but many, many times it makes more sense. An example of European logic: When climbing stairs in England a man should be behind the woman, to catch her in case she falls. In Holland a man should be in front of a woman so he can not look up her skirt. Which is correct?
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HarryVardon wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:25 pm I could give you many examples like this that I have seen in various European countries, it's not just in Thailand. You have chosen to live here so accept the way they do things or go back home. I admit that Asian logic is quite often different than Western logic but many, many times it makes more sense. An example of European logic: When climbing stairs in England a man should be behind the woman, to catch her in case she falls. In Holland a man should be in front of a woman so he can not look up her skirt. Which is correct?
I did not complain, I simply stated the facts.
What goes on in other countries is irrelevant. I don't live in other countries.
As for the, if you don't like it go home remark, I have to ask if you're a relative of Donald Trump?
It's not a matter of correct or not correct. It's an observation.
If you feel the need to defend Thailand, that's fine, but I don't appreciate being attacked. If you want to play that game, we can take if off the forum.
dtaai-maai
Hero
Hero

Post by dtaai-maai »

HarryVardon wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:25 pm You have chosen to live here so accept the way they do things or go back home.
Yes, but we can still chuckle at some of the dafter examples.
I admit that Asian logic is quite often different than Western logic but many, many times it makes more sense.
For example... erm...
An example of European logic: When climbing stairs in England a man should be behind the woman, to catch her in case she falls. In Holland a man should be in front of a woman so he can not look up her skirt. Which is correct?
You don't really want an answer to that, do you? :laugh:
This is the way
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

handdrummer wrote: Tue Jul 27, 2021 3:38 pm If you feel the need to defend Thailand, that's fine, but I don't appreciate being attacked. If you want to play that game, we can take if off the forum.
:laugh:

200w (1).gif
200w (1).gif (262.46 KiB) Viewed 335 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

Love to see at least one Octogenarian having a scrap. :popcorn: :lach:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Lets not confuse morals with engineering.

The reason I suggested taking the discussion off the forum is to keep from being censored or, in modern day parlance, "cancelled."

I've never been in a fight and would have no idea of how to engage in one, as James Brown said, "I don't know karate but I know kagun."
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:22 am Lets not confuse morals with engineering.

The reason I suggested taking the discussion off the forum is to keep from being censored or, in modern day parlance, "cancelled."

I've never been in a fight and would have no idea of how to engage in one, as James Brown said, "I don't know karate but I know kagun."
Is that an example of American logic?..Don't fight just shoot 'em up! Having said that Mr Brown was quite a Cuban heeled shod vertically challenged chap :laugh:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lev
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Post by Lev »

handdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:22 am The reason I suggested taking the discussion off the forum is to keep from being censored or, in modern day parlance, "cancelled."
You will only get "censored" if you break the laws of Thailand or start abusing the terms and conditions of this forum that you agreed to when you registered.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Lev wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 7:21 am
handdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:22 am The reason I suggested taking the discussion off the forum is to keep from being censored or, in modern day parlance, "cancelled."
You will only get "censored" if you break the laws of Thailand or start abusing the terms and conditions of this forum that you agreed to when you registered.
That's why I said, I would prefer to take the discussion off the forum.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

sateeb wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:11 am
handdrummer wrote: Wed Jul 28, 2021 2:22 am Lets not confuse morals with engineering.

Is that an example of American logic?..Don't fight just shoot 'em up! Having said that Mr Brown was quite a Cuban heeled shod vertically challenged chap :laugh:
Shooting is a form of fighting. Fighting is a type of war. Ipso facto, shooting is a form of fighting. Just don't bring a knife to a gun fight.

Indeed Mr. Brown was all that and more. The more being a huge influence of the music of the time and beyond. Like him or not, after James Brown, the entire music scene changed and I Feel Good.