Getting a Green Card covid vaccine certificate

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Getting a Green Card covid vaccine certificate

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote:A word of warning for those relying solely on Mor Phrom.

I was at the footie last weekend, and Internet died. I was literally up shit creek without a paddle. Travelled >100Km for the footie, and couldn't get in. Fortunately, I keep a paper copy of my vaccine certificate in the glove compartment of my car, so a spare paddle was close by.

Likewise, I've heard others not bothering to update their Covid Passports because it is all on their vaccination certificate. Only the Covid Passport gives all of the important information in English. How many countries will accept a piece of paper or electronic document with Thai font? Get it updated - it takes a minute and is free.
This might have been provided before but is there an “idiots guide” on how to do this please?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

No, the full list of countries is not included in either article that I can find.

Digital health pass on Mor Prom app accepted in 60 countries

https://thethaiger.com/coronavirus/digi ... -countries

Residents of Thailand can now travel to 60 countries, including 27 EU nations, where the Mor Prom Digital Health Pass is accepted. Public Health Minister Anutin Charnvirakul and his deputy Sathit Pitutecha confirmed the development at a media briefing. The Thailand Digital Health Pass has been accorded the same recognition as the EU’s Digital Covid Certificate since December.

According to a Nation Thailand report, Anutin says residents can now use the health pass to travel to 60 countries that have signed up to the EU DCC system. The certificate will enable them to partake in activities, such as attending sporting fixtures or gaining entry to restaurants, that require vaccine passes. Through the Thailand Digital Health Pass, the authorities in other countries will be able to check the vaccination status or Covid-19 recovery status of Thai residents.

“I would like to thank the House committee on public health and executives of the Public Health Ministry, the Foreign Ministry, and the Digital Economy and Society Ministry for pushing for the EU endorsement of the digital health pass. I’m confident people will find it convenient to use the digital health pass when travelling to these countries.”

The mutual recognition also means that the Thai government can check the Covid status of visitors carrying the EU DCC. Sathit says officials, as well as businesses in Thailand, can scan the digital certificate’s QR code to check tourists’ vaccination or Covid status.

Dr Kiartphum Wongrajit from the Public Health Ministry says the first part of Thailand’s Digital Health Pass contains information such as the bearer’s name, age, passport or ID number, and nationality. The second part will confirm if they’ve been vaccinated, tested for Covid-19, or recovered from Covid-19. The information on vaccination and recovery status will remain available for 180 days, while the testing information expires in 7 days.

The Thaiger notes that a number of people have reported that the Mor Chana app does not work outside Thailand. Therefore, if planning a trip, we recommend carrying hard copies of Covid-19 vaccination and/or recovery certificates. (Has anyone experienced this?)

SOURCE: Nation Thailand https://www.nationthailand.com/in-focus/40012186
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:14 am This might have been provided before but is there an “idiots guide” on how to do this please?
Go into Mor Phrom, Click International Certificate and scroll down to the BIG Yellow Button. Click and complete the questionnaire.
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:A word of warning for those relying solely on Mor Phrom.

I was at the footie last weekend, and Internet died. I was literally up shit creek without a paddle. Travelled >100Km for the footie, and couldn't get in. Fortunately, I keep a paper copy of my vaccine certificate in the glove compartment of my car, so a spare paddle was close by.

Likewise, I've heard others not bothering to update their Covid Passports because it is all on their vaccination certificate. Only the Covid Passport gives all of the important information in English. How many countries will accept a piece of paper or electronic document with Thai font? Get it updated - it takes a minute and is free.
Screenshots work without internet connection. Image
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

hhinner wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:02 pm Screenshots work without internet connection. Image
They work if the person checking is not vigilant/jobsworth. My son tends to use screenshots, but has been made to demonstrate it on Mor Phrom i.e. they want to see the app working. Yes, just a jobsworth, but I've had to switch my hotspot on for him to demonstrate the data is coming from Mor Phrom, and hasn't been manipulated.

Of course, a paper vaccine cert is as easy to corrupt.

Points 51; Position 21
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Big Boy wrote:
hhinner wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 12:02 pm Screenshots work without internet connection. Image
They work if the person checking is not vigilant/jobsworth. My son tends to use screenshots, but has been made to demonstrate it on Mor Phrom i.e. they want to see the app working. Yes, just a jobsworth, but I've had to switch my hotspot on for him to demonstrate the data is coming from Mor Phrom, and hasn't been manipulated.

Of course, a paper vaccine cert is as easy to corrupt.
Let the jobsworth scan the qr code (What! He doesn't have network? Tsk!). I don't see the difference between a print and a screenshot. In fact a screenshot is likely more authentic.

Yes, I know where we are. Image
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Big Boy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:21 am
Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 9:14 am This might have been provided before but is there an “idiots guide” on how to do this please?
Go into Mor Phrom, Click International Certificate and scroll down to the BIG Yellow Button. Click and complete the questionnaire.
Well I’ve obviously done something wrong - I’m not sure whether I registered previously but when I try to connect you have to enter your ID number and password - if I did register then I don’t know what my password is, so I click on the “forgot password” icon, but then you have to enter your ID and phone number and click on “confirm” but I don’t get any sms message. So maybe I didn’t register before so I try to register from scratch but that doesn’t work I just get this message
66D5B92C-38CD-485A-BD45-241EA48D83D1.png
(340.58 KiB) Downloaded 463 times
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

In that case, I think the advice is to seek assistance from your local hospital.

It's so long since I did mine, I don't remember what I did, but I remember uninstalling and reinstalling mine a few times when they switched my access number, but I don't remember any password, and I don't have any password recorded for Mor Phrom. Hopefully somebody else might be able to help.

Points 51; Position 21
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Thanks for your help BB - I have a hard copy of my vaccine certificate and other than the date being based on the Thai calendar, everything else is in English so I’m sure it will satisfy what anybody in the UK might ask for.

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter arrived in the UK last Sunday. She had her vaccination certificates supplied by the BCCT. Going through immigration she wasn't asked for anything. Showed her passport to the computer and breezed through. Not an immigration officer in sight.

No pre-tests or post tests required.

England are looking at the 24th as 'Covid Freedom Day' when they'll remove all remaining restrictions, including masks, social distancing and even self isolating.

Basically, if you have a passport then that is suffice for the UK. 'As it was in the beginning.'
Very very different to entering Thailand.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Dannie Boy wrote:
Big Boy wrote: Sat Feb 12, 2022 11:21 am
Well I’ve obviously done something wrong - I’m not sure whether I registered previously but when I try to connect you have to enter your ID number and password - if I did register then I don’t know what my password is, so I click on the “forgot password” icon, but then you have to enter your ID and phone number and click on “confirm” but I don’t get any sms message. So maybe I didn’t register before so I try to register from scratch but that doesn’t work I just get this message
66D5B92C-38CD-485A-BD45-241EA48D83D1.png
It says your phone number isn't the one registered for your name. As BB suggests, you should contact the hospital that did your vaccinations.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:My daughter arrived in the UK last Sunday. She had her vaccination certificates supplied by the BCCT. Going through immigration she wasn't asked for anything. Showed her passport to the computer and breezed through. Not an immigration officer in sight.

No pre-tests or post tests required.

England are looking at the 24th as 'Covid Freedom Day' when they'll remove all remaining restrictions, including masks, social distancing and even self isolating.

Basically, if you have a passport then that is suffice for the UK.
Very very different to entering Thailand.
Personally I’m not concerned but my wife will be traveling with me on her Thai passport and I was looking to have every avenue covered - as we got our certificates issued at the same time at Cha Am hospital, we will go back and ask them if they will reissue my wife’s certificate showing her name in English as well as Thai

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

My daughter travelled with others on US passports and they went through exactly the same procedure. 20 minutes from touchdown to waiting for her lift.

Is it you your wife's first visit or has she been granted indefinite stay based on your marriage. i.e. does she need a visa or not?

Regarding Covid, as from the 11th February all testing for vaccinated people have been scrapped. The only requirement before arriving is filling out a 'Passenger Locator Form' which you can do online. My daughter did this but again was never asked for it.
If you’re fully vaccinated you will no longer need to take a COVID-19 test either before or after you arrive in the UK. You still need to complete a passenger locator form.
It really is that simple.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Yes I’m aware that it’s a lot simpler, but being cautious I’m just trying to make sure we have all angles covered (belt and braces!!)- my wife has visited a number of times and currently has a five year visa, that is two years old and still unused due to you know what!!

HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I understand 'covering all bases' especially in these times.

I'd be very interested in your feedback after you arrive. I'm sure it'd be helpful to others planning a visit.

Of course the big hassle is getting back to Thailand. My daughter completed her Thailand Pass but getting a PCR 'Fit to Fly' proved problematic because of the weekend. She flies early on Tuesday. Eventually sorted by a return trip to Heathrow on Sunday to be tested.