Kasikorn Bank closures?

Visa questions, companies, work permits, employment, insurance, banking and finance, and legal issues.
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Re: Kasikorn Bank closures?

Post by huahinjim »

The Contact centre is 028888800. Sorry, cant remember which of the options to then select but 0 usually gets someone to talk to.

A few months ago I asked the lady in Market Village branch if the Contact Centre would issue the advice and she said yes and gave me the number. As always, depends on the person on the day.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Thank you very much for that. I will most definitely try next time.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think this says the Bluport branch re-opens on Monday.
blu.jpg
blu.jpg (89.78 KiB) Viewed 732 times

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I haven't tried huahinjim's phone number yet because the Credit Advices from the Petchkasem Road bank just did not happen.

When I transferred this month's money, I thought I'd better go back to the MV Branch, where at least they know what they are doing. A couple of minutes, and 4 Credit Advices are ordered, to be delivered via e-mail. The 3 older Credit Advices arrived no problem this evening. However, the Credit Advice for yesterday's transfer did not arrive. I received a Debit Advice instead.

The Debit Advice contains much the same information, but has a BIG ugly Debit written where it should say Credit.

Has anybody else experienced this change (if it is a change, as opposed to a mistake)? If so, does anybody know how Immigration will react?

I will query it when I do next month's transfer, so still no use of huahinjim's phone number. I guess if Debit is the way forward, I will have to take a trip out to Immigration to check, if nobody has confirmed it beforehand.

Points 48; Position 20
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Not heard of that BB. I am due to call them get credit advice soon so I shall see what happens.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Please let me know. My spurious transaction is dated 30 September.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've checked with Kasikorn today, who are insistent that the Debit Advice will be fine for Immigration. I'll wait to see what next month's transfer brings.

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

BB,
If I were you, I take that debit advice up to Imm and see what they say. Let's face it, a high street bank knows more than Imm do they?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I transfer enough money to more than cover a blank month (I actually transferred some extra cash mid-month as well to pay for some building work), and at the end of the day, if Kasikorn are issuing other Credit Advices, it must still be possible to get one for the spurious month. I will wait to see what happens next month, and if it's still a Debit Advice, it will be then that I pay Immigration a visit.

I don't like going to Immigration, and I just want to be sure that I know what I'm talking about when I go i.e. is this a one-off, or a change of Kasikorn procedure?

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

BB, AFAIA it doesn't matter if you've transferred a million baht in a month. You can't average that out.

One million this month but definitely a minimum of 65K the next and forever.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Yes, what I'm saying is I made 2 transfers in September. For 1 I have a Credit Advice, the other I have a Debit Advice.

Points 48; Position 20
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:40 pm I haven't tried huahinjim's phone number yet because the Credit Advices from the Petchkasem Road bank just did not happen.

When I transferred this month's money, I thought I'd better go back to the MV Branch, where at least they know what they are doing. A couple of minutes, and 4 Credit Advices are ordered, to be delivered via e-mail. The 3 older Credit Advices arrived no problem this evening. However, the Credit Advice for yesterday's transfer did not arrive. I received a Debit Advice instead.

The Debit Advice contains much the same information, but has a BIG ugly Debit written where it should say Credit.

Has anybody else experienced this change (if it is a change, as opposed to a mistake)? If so, does anybody know how Immigration will react?

I will query it when I do next month's transfer, so still no use of huahinjim's phone number. I guess if Debit is the way forward, I will have to take a trip out to Immigration to check, if nobody has confirmed it beforehand.
Hi BB.
Not forgotten. I called the Contact Centre this afternoon. I should get an email within a day or so and I will let you know. When calling them I use the Press 0 option as nothing else seems to be appropriate
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I was sat down, twiddling thumbs so decided to take a trip out to Immigration anyway. The lady looked at the 3 x Credit Advices and 1 x Debit Advice I'd received, and said, "Good, it is Credit Advices you need, and they must add up to 800,000฿ at the end of 12 months." I explained that I knew that, and it must have taken about 5 attempts to make the (actually very helpful) young lady realise one of the pieces of paper said Debit, not Credit. Eventually the penny dropped, and a look of confusion came over her.

She grabbed her phone and talked to somebody for quite some time explaining the problem. Eventually the conclusion was reached, so long as it's from a Thai Bank, and the total is at least 800,000฿, they aren't too bothered whether it reads Debit or Credit.

Points 48; Position 20
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

huahinjim wrote: Wed Oct 06, 2021 1:59 pm
Big Boy wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 7:40 pm
Hi BB.
Not forgotten. I called the Contact Centre this afternoon. I should get an email within a day or so and I will let you know. When calling them I use the Press 0 option as nothing else seems to be appropriate
Hi BB

I received the email this evening with the 2 documents clearly detailed as Credit Advices as I had requested.

The one for early September was same format as all previous ones but a new format for the October advice.

All seems sorted now for you so that's good.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

So does your October advice read Credit or Debit please? I think you're saying that they both are marked Credit. Not that it seems to matter now.

Points 48; Position 20