Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.

Full time or part time foreign residents of Thailand which booster vaccine have you received?

AstraZeneca
20%
Johnson & Johnson
No votes
Moderna
22%
Pfizer
44%
Sinopharm
4%
Sinovac
No votes
Other (Explain)
2%
4%

Total votes: 45

PeteC

Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by PeteC »

We're getting close to the time when emphasis will shift from the base set of two vaccinations to additional booster vaccinations. It's time to untangle that from everything that has gone before so that the other thread doesn't become overly cluttered. Please put all posts, articles, comments, and experience about booster shots here. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Re: Booster Vaccines - Covid 19

Post by thecolonel »

are you only interested in what booster people have had?

for example is it worth noting an option of 'none' to see how many not had anything(yet)?

thanks
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Just booster shots, thanks. If people are not planning on getting a booster shot for whatever reason and want to tell us, they can post about it.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Technically, anyone who's had two shots has had a booster. In vaccination terms, the first shot is the "prime" and the second shot is the "boost." Hence the term "heterologous prime-boost" referring to having a different vaccine for the first and second shots.

However I assume you're talking about people getting a third shot as an additional booster. Which I assume is very few people at this point as it's generally not the practice to give a third shot until 6 months after having had had two doses (the exception being people who had two doses of SinoVac).
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

GroveHillWanderer wrote:Technically, anyone who's had two shots has had a booster. In vaccination terms, the first shot is the "prime" and the second shot is the "boost." Hence the term "heterologous prime-boost" referring to having a different vaccine for the first and second shots.

However I assume you're talking about people getting a third shot as an additional booster. Which I assume is very few people at this point as it's generally not the practice to give a third shot until 6 months after having had had two doses (the exception being people who had two doses of SinoVac).
In which case my booster was AZ

Although I would happily have a 'second' booster 6 months later if the data suggested that was prudent

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I think it is planned to give everybody a booster 6 months after their 2nd. I'm expecting mine in February. The tracking tool is already available. Just start checking here nearer the day http://www.pcko.moph.go.th/booster3.htm ... e2dfF6BWzY
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
huahinjim
Professional
Professional

Post by huahinjim »

PeteC wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:57 am We're getting close to the time when emphasis will shift from the base set of two vaccinations to additional booster vaccinations. It's time to untangle that from everything that has gone before so that the other thread doesn't become overly cluttered. Please put all posts, articles, comments, and experience about booster shots here. :cheers:
Is it worth differeniating between a booster shot here in Thailand or abroad?
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

huahinjim wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:21 pm
PeteC wrote: Sun Oct 31, 2021 2:57 am We're getting close to the time when emphasis will shift from the base set of two vaccinations to additional booster vaccinations. It's time to untangle that from everything that has gone before so that the other thread doesn't become overly cluttered. Please put all posts, articles, comments, and experience about booster shots here. :cheers:
Is it worth differeniating between a booster shot here in Thailand or abroad?
We want to hear from "full or part time Thailand foreign residents" only. I'll add another line to the Poll in a minute to cover boosters received abroad by that group of people.

The thread is not so much about the poll, which is basically window dressing. It's more about separating discussion, experiences and articles about booster shots from our main Vaccine thread which is up to 180 pages now and cluttered. :cheers:
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Big Boy wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 3:16 pm I think it is planned to give everybody a booster 6 months after their 2nd. I'm expecting mine in February. The tracking tool is already available. Just start checking here nearer the day http://www.pcko.moph.go.th/booster3.htm ... e2dfF6BWzY
It would be helpfull if it was in Anglish but T.I.T
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Basically, put your unique reference into the system near the day, and your appointment should show. If it doesn't, it tells you to contact the hospital.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Other: Not vax'd, so no booster :cheers:

personal choice
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

KhunLA wrote: Thu Nov 04, 2021 1:17 am Other: Not vax'd, so no booster :cheers:

personal choice
One day we'll all have to be vax'd in order to buy or sell.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

I have had my booster. The first 2 were AZ, the third was pfizer, I had be reactionsfor 3 days. Extremely tiredpainful arm and headache. However three friends had the same combination no effect.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Don't plan on having one - unless Thailand wants to make life difficult without it as they have done with the first two.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

My husband was refused Moderna vaccine today as he had 2 doses of AstraZeneca (last one 23rd September) and was told that according to the protocol he needs to wait 6 months till the next vaccine.
I had unique dose of Janssen end of June and received the Moderna shot.