PT Prachuap Grand Prix 2021 scheduled for late January

Khao Takiab, Khao Tao, Pranburi, Paknampran, Khao Kalok, Dolphin Bay, Sam Roi Yod and Prachuabkirikhan. Discussion on areas south of Hua Hin.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Re: PT Prachuap Grand Prix 2021 scheduled for late November

Post by KhunLA »

That might explain the slow progress of 'track' prep. At least they leveled out some of the unlevel road surface. Now get to look at guardrail and fencing for next 3 ish months.

BUMMER ... was looking forward to it myself 😢
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

KhunLA wrote:That might explain the slow progress of 'track' prep. At least they leveled out some of the unlevel road surface. Now get to look at guardrail and fencing for next 3 ish months.

BUMMER ... was looking forward to it myself Image
Won't the guardrail and fencing be a bit inconvenient for the weekend market?
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Seem to be making do. At the pier, just south & north of, no guardrail, and half way into the market set up, there's only one piece of three, so easily stepped over. Where it does block crossing the road, more northward, is where non food vendor used to set up, and most haven't really returned during and after the lockdowns.

They actually set up more than a few food vendors every day now on both sides of the street, when used to just be about 10 vendors on the non surf side. Quite active after 4 pm till 8 ish I think.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

^^ Thanks. We had wondered how the market was doing recently as planning to go down for a weekend.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Oo-er

Official in Prachuap Khiri Khan probed for allegedly approving an illegal car race

The civil works and town planning office of Thailand’ssouthern coastal province of Prachuap Khiri Khan has launched an investigation into an official for allegedly issuing a permit unlawfully, for a private company to hold a car race from November 24th to 28th on Prachuap Bay beach road and the road around Khao Chong Krachok mountain, covering a distance of 2.3km.

The race, organized by PT Prachuap Grand Prix 2021, has already been ordered postponed to January 19th to 23rd by Prachuap Khiri Khan’s Governor Sathien Charoen Rian,reportedly on the grounds that the race coincides with the Sub-district Administration Organization elections on November 28th.

The provincial police chief, Pol Maj-Gen Wanchai Tharanatham, said recently that he has not yet granted approval for the closure of the road for the race and is waiting for the organiser of the event to produce relevant documents, including the permit for the race.

He also said that he would like to know whether the event organiser has the consent of most of the people in the Muang district, as well as the provincial communicable disease committee.

Suvit Polsen, the chief of the provincial civil works and town planning office, said that the official in his office who is now under investigation issued an official letter, without authorisation, to allow the event organiser to hold the contest and to install safety equipment along the route.

https://www.thaipbsworld.com/official-i ... -car-race/

Methinks somebody's brown envelope was lost in the post.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

race.jpg
race.jpg (91.52 KiB) Viewed 1076 times
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

KhunLA wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:09 pm Seem to be making do. At the pier, just south & north of, no guardrail, and half way into the market set up, there's only one piece of three, so easily stepped over. Where it does block crossing the road, more northward, is where non food vendor used to set up, and most haven't really returned during and after the lockdowns.

They actually set up more than a few food vendors every day now on both sides of the street, when used to just be about 10 vendors on the non surfside. Quite active after 4 pm till 8 ish I think.
Seems all back to normal with the weekend night market. Vendors along the full lenght of previous markets.

Place was packed last night, and this at sunset, very early. Actually busiest I've seen, during or pre-covid. A bit beyond normal. A good thing I guess, for the vendors. Now if they'd come back and take down the guard rail, think us residing here would be happy.

An aside, don't know why, hope a one off 😂, but got invaded by farangs yesterday. 😂 While at Makro, 5 at check out, when normally, I'm the only one in the store. Then while at Pizza Co, another 10 ish walking from the Lotus parking lot into the mall :shock: mixed adults & youngins / teen. Way to white to be expats.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

KhunLA wrote: Sat Dec 18, 2021 9:34 am
KhunLA wrote: Thu Nov 11, 2021 7:09 pm Seem to be making do. At the pier, just south & north of, no guardrail, and half way into the market set up, there's only one piece of three, so easily stepped over. Where it does block crossing the road, more northward, is where non food vendor used to set up, and most haven't really returned during and after the lockdowns.

They actually set up more than a few food vendors every day now on both sides of the street, when used to just be about 10 vendors on the non surfside. Quite active after 4 pm till 8 ish I think.
Seems all back to normal with the weekend night market. Vendors along the full lenght of previous markets.

Place was packed last night, and this at sunset, very early. Actually busiest I've seen, during or pre-covid. A bit beyond normal. A good thing I guess, for the vendors. Now if they'd come back and take down the guard rail, think us residing here would be happy.

An aside, don't know why, hope a one off 😂, but got invaded by farangs yesterday. 😂 While at Makro, 5 at check out, when normally, I'm the only one in the store. Then while at Pizza Co, another 10 ish walking from the Lotus parking lot into the mall :shock: mixed adults & youngins / teen. Way to white to be expats.
I noticed that too. Yesterday in MV I was surprised to see there were lots of farangs wandering around. Large, white, and one with a screaming child that he ignored. I guess the lockdown is over. Also, a long line of vehicles from South to North along PKK road.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

2 hr old post on their FB. Guess envelopes delivered and back on again. Expect to see work start up again on the guardrail / fencing sometime this week or next, as stalled since last postponement.

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Unless omicron changes the situation.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Re: PT Prachuap Grand Prix 2021 scheduled for late January

Post by KhunLA »

hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

The good news: It's on.

The bad news: it's a closed event - no spectators.

Live streaming on Facebook.

https://m.facebook.com/story.php?story_ ... %2As%2As-R
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

Looking at the map and photos on page # 1 regardless of no formal spectator area(s) there seems to be plenty of vantage points around the course where people could stand and watch, as well as commercial buildings.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

buksida

Post by buksida »

Get that first sharp right-hander wrong and you'll be upside down in the sea!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson