The Ashes 2021

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
pharvey

The Ashes 2021

Post by pharvey »

Not a sport I follow as much as I used to do in my younger days, but always try and keep upto date with the Ashes Tour....

Day 1 of the first test however certainly didn't go to plan for England. Dear oh dear oh dear..... DM is not a happy man!!

https://stories.cricket.com.au/games/Au ... -8586.html
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
pharvey

Re: The Ashes 2021

Post by pharvey »

Come on lindos - I thought you were "the" cricket fan - don't tell me it's only when England are winning??!!

Getting absolutely mullered at the moment, but the wrong team picked - let's not mention "Spin Bowling" :roll:

In all fairness, due to Covid, the team were very badly prepared and IMHO the tour should have been cancelled anyway - but money counts!! :cuss: :banghead: :banghead:

Not looking good on Day 2 or for the remainder, but who knows......

:cheers: :cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 5:47 am Come on lindos - I thought you were "the" cricket fan - don't tell me it's only when England are winning??!!

Getting absolutely mullered at the moment, but the wrong team picked - let's not mention "Spin Bowling" :roll:

In all fairness, due to Covid, the team were very badly prepared and IMHO the tour should have been cancelled anyway - but money counts!! :cuss: :banghead: :banghead:

Not looking good on Day 2 or for the remainder, but who knows......

My humble apologies Peter. :oops: Day 2 was awful our bowlers did not produce the goods. This matches, preparation and team selection was not good. Leaving out both Broad and Andersen was ridiculous, I understand Andersen has to miss matches so play Broad one match the Andersen the other alternate them, simple. The prparation was non-existant due to weather and bad management. Hopefully the next match which is a day/night match we will see a big improvement. Would like to know what DM thinks.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

^ Pardon my ignorance, but why would a "Day/Night" match make a difference/give an advantage? Seriously, would love to know - obviously I'm not exactly an expert on the sport :D

Well, obviously England have had crappy preparation, but team selection has been poor to say the least IMHO and others have said online and in the media.

Come on DM - we all know you're looking!!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

What does it mean when one England bowler was given a "Hospital Pass", either today or yesterday? It seems that decision turned into a disaster.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:14 am ^ Pardon my ignorance, but why would a "Day/Night" match make a difference/give an advantage? Seriously, would love to know - obviously I'm not exactly an expert on the sport :D

Well, obviously England have had crappy preparation, but team selection has been poor to say the least IMHO and others have said online and in the media.

It makes no difference but hopefully we would improve enough to make a contest of it. :cheers: :cheers:
PeteC wrote:
What does it mean when one England bowler was given a "Hospital Pass", either today or yesterday? It seems that decision turned into a disaster.

Have not seen that statement but I believe it means Andersen only plays every other match. DM do you know if that is correct.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:23 am What does it mean when one England bowler was given a "Hospital Pass", either today or yesterday? It seems that decision turned into a disaster.
Have not seen that statement but I believe it means Andersen only plays every other match. DM do you know if that is correct.
Have seen the comment - IMHO basically meaning he was passed fit when he shouldn't have been. Shouldn't be playing this Test as he's unfit - clearly!! :roll:

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 6:14 am

Would like to know what DM thinks.
Where's he gone. :(

Been 17 days since he posted. Neurus has just returned after 4-5 months out and dtaai-maai vanishes. Coincidence? I think not. I believe they're one and the same person taking us for a ride.

When DM returns, throw him a random question about the compressor on a fridge. Or the inner workings of a microwave. If he answers nonchalantly with the correct answer...

BINGO!
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

Lost wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 8:05 am

Been 17 days since he posted. Neurus has just returned after 4-5 months out and dtaai-maai vanishes. Coincidence? I think not. I believe they're one and the same person taking us for a ride.

When DM returns, throw him a random question about the compressor on a fridge. Or the inner workings of a microwave. If he answers nonchalantly with the correct answer...

BINGO!
I am tolerant of those mentally handicapped, but PLEASE do not insult either DM, OR myself! Cheers
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Nereus wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:03 am

BINGO!
I am tolerant of those mentally handicapped, but PLEASE do not insult either DM, OR myself! Cheers
What the hell has happened to everyone? It was a joke.

I was certainly not insulting either of you. It was a joke about coincidence. To further the joke, I suggested if DM started answering complex electrical and/or engineering questions when he came back...

Jesus fking christ. Covid has sucked the life out of many of you lot. Welcome back, Nereus. I'm out.
Last edited by Lost on Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:31 am, edited 1 time in total.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Nereus wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:03 am

BINGO!
Trust me "Lost", DM & Nereus are not one and the same - I've been in touch with the former, who unfortunately cannot post at the moment.

Aside from the fact, I'm sure both would have slightly differing feelings regarding the Ashes Series!!

Indeed, don't extract the urine too much - I personally very much enjoy Nereus' posts and his engineering knowledge.

Come on blue - be nice, it is Christmas after all! :wink:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Missed the point, too, Pete.

I, too, enjoy Nereus' posts. In regards to how things work, he's the smartest on the forum. I was making a joke.

Has everyone lost their minds tonight?
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:34 am Missed the point, too, Pete.

I, too, enjoy Nereus' posts. In regards to how things work, he's the smartest on the forum. I was making a joke.

Sorry blue - seem to be lacking a sense of humour these days!! Apologies if I missed it,,,, :roll: :oops:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:39 am

Sorry blue - seem to be lacking a sense of humour these days!! Apologies if I missed it,,,, :roll: :oops:
:wink:

I thought it was quite obvious I wasn't being serious in my initial post. I mean...suggesting DM was Nereus because of the timeline thing? A joke. 8)

Anyway, Pharvey, thanks for ruining my joke. I was on a roll before you turned up. Nereus was loving it.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Post by Nereus »

I don't follow much sport, but the Ashes have a long way to go yet. I guess it is even a good thing that it is being held at all, after all the lockdowns everone one has been subjected to.

Merry Christmas Lost, my post was a joke also.
And just as a bonus you were the only one that bothered to comment some months ago when I went awol! Cheers
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!