Carabou Cup

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Carabou Cup

Post by Lost »

sateeb wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 8:31 am Looks like the Spuds defence have reverted to the Man U playbook :neener: :laugh: :naughty:
To be fair we were without the rock solid Dier ( :D) and the speedy wizard Reguilon. Not forgetting the long injured Romero.

3 of our starting backline out.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Lost wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 9:48 am 3 of our starting backline out.
Erm, as were Silva, Chalobah and Christensen in defence for Chelsea, not to mention James and Chilwell, oh and Kante as well.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Your 'second string' defence still has 23 trophies between them (and one drink-driving killer :wink:). Not too shabby. We have no depth at all it seems. Conte has a huge rebuild to do.

Players out aside, Tottenham had an off day. A very off day. Soon as you see Doherty in the line-up, it's all downhill from there, really. While your lads were playing a very good game for the second game in a row. Still confident we'll do you in the return leg in front of the white wall. :mrgreen:

And when Conte gets given the signings he wants over the next two windows... sky's the limit.

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Just as well I wont be at the 2nd leg then. Last time I saw Chelsea play at WHL you thumped us 5-1.

Mind you, I did see you get stuufed by the same score, I think, away to Sheffield United.
Talk is cheap
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Thu Jan 06, 2022 12:21 pm Just as well I wont be at the 2nd leg then. Last time I saw Chelsea play at WHL you thumped us 5-1.
Had to Google that one. If it's the 2002 game, it was also the second leg of the league cup (Worthington) semi-final. Will lightning strike twice? ⚡🤞

Not if we play like we did in the first half. 2nd wasn't a whole lot better but at least we had some shots.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Good god. :shock:

Will be a hell of an achievement if this doesn't end up 5 or 6 nil aggregate.

FI68IU-X0AEAoKE.jpeg
(317.74 KiB) Downloaded 58 times
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lloris, Dier, Romero, Reguilon, Son.

Almost half our first 11 not playing. And our backup is a bit poo. :(