New Year Holiday Road Accidents

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: 2022 New Year Holiday Road Accidents

Post by Dannie Boy »

If you look at the comments on the Thaiger article, this was one,

Well, just like any other day. It is 365 days dangerous on Thai roads. 110000 traffic tickets. So what? Who actually is going to pay them? 80% involved were motorcyclist. That is what they want us to believe. The latest research, an american one, said that Thailand is the second most dangerous country worldwide and by far pick -ups caused most casualties.

The other day I asked a student of mine what she thinks will happen first: Nuklear war or Thais learn how to drive a vehicle and follow traffic rules. Her answer: Nuklear war.

It will never change in LOS.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

"Nuklear war"
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote:"Nuklear war"
Their spelling may not be too good but they understand everything else ok!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry, I thought that was your spelling.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

HHTel wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:29 pm Sorry, I thought that was your spelling.
No mine would have been nuklyur :laugh:
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:41 pm
HHTel wrote: Sat Dec 31, 2022 3:29 pm Sorry, I thought that was your spelling.
No mine would have been nuklyur :laugh:
That's what Jr. Bush would have said.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Holiday traffic accidents kill 218 in 4 days

From Dec 29 to Jan 1, there were 1,664 traffic accidents in which 218 people were killed and 1,647 injured and the southern province of Surat Thani reported the most accidents, according to the Department of Disaster Prevention and Mitigation.

Director-general Boontham Lertsukekasem released the figures for the first four days of the seven-day New Year holiday road safety campaign on Monday.

He said Surat Thani province had the most traffic accidents, 56.

The northeastern province of Sakon Nakhon had the highest number of injured people at 57, and the northernmost province of Chiang Rai had the highest road death toll, at 12.

These figures were down on the first four days of the road safety campaign last New Year, during which the death toll was 226 with 1,894 people injured in 1,915 traffic accidents.

On Sunday, New Year's Day, there were 478 traffic accidents in which 66 people were killed and 465 left injured.

Mr Boontham said speeding was the most common cause of accidents (37%), followed by drink driving, (33%). Motorcycles were involved in 88% of accidents.

The time period with the most accidents, 15.7%, was midnight to 1am, he said.

https://www.bangkokpost.com/thailand/ge ... -in-4-days
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

buksida wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 2:51 pm On Sunday, New Year's Day, there were 478 traffic accidents in which 66 people were killed and 465 left injured.
This is exactly why I say I can't see the point. Since somebody said the numbers had to drop, they use a different set of stats at this time of the year. The stats they use for the rest of the year state 102 dead and 2,681 injured. So they aren't publishing stats, it's propaganda.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:30 pm So they aren't publishing stats, it's propaganda.
That's pretty much the case with all stats that the junta publishes.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
PeteC

Post by PeteC »

buksida wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 4:06 pm
Big Boy wrote: Mon Jan 02, 2023 3:30 pm So they aren't publishing stats, it's propaganda.
That's pretty much the case with all stats that the junta publishes.
It's for foreign consumption including the tourist numbers, when perhaps 1/2 are actually tourists and not residents/business.

Their logic is to tell the foreigners and media that more are coming, and more will come? :roll:

Understated vehicle accident/death data, and their face gets bigger.
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source