Car body shop

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Car body shop

Post by HHTel »

I'm sure there's probably a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it.

A 'sticky out' tree branch attacked the roof of my car causing a serious dent in the rear corner of the roof. In my own garden FFS. I must have reversed out through my gates thousands of times without hitting this branch but Dec has been a bad month for many reasons.

I've never got around to renewing my first class insurance since Covid. After all, I don't go anywhere.

So I need a good body shop to get it fixed. I've probably saved around 25K by not having insurance so anything below that is a bonus.

Thanks in advance.
Nereus
Hero
Hero

Re: Car body shop

Post by Nereus »

HHTel wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 1:22 pm I'm sure there's probably a thread about this somewhere but I can't find it.

A 'sticky out' tree branch attacked the roof of my car causing a serious dent in the rear corner of the roof. In my own garden FFS. I must have reversed out through my gates thousands of times without hitting this branch but Dec has been a bad month for many reasons.

I've never got around to renewing my first class insurance since Covid. After all, I don't go anywhere.

So I need a good body shop to get it fixed. I've probably saved around 25K by not having insurance so anything below that is a bonus.

Thanks in advance.
Not used any of these, if they still exist:

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=27243&p=348751&hil ... rs#p348751

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=26331&p=337766&hil ... rs#p337766

viewtopic.php?f=44&t=16504&p=191326&hil ... rs#p191326
May you be in heaven half an hour before the devil know`s you`re dead!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've used a place called Charoen Sook 3 times now. Twice for minor insurance repairs, which were fine. More recently (I got my car back on 24 Dec) they have given my car a mid-life bodywork makeover (about as major as it gets), and I am very impressed with the work. I've used other places around town, and they are basically the reason I needed a mid-life bodywork makeover.

The place looks a bit of a mess (don't they all), but I have no complaints.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/%E0%B ... 99.8853706
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Garage.jpg
Garage.jpg (86.1 KiB) Viewed 694 times

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Thanks for that. I'll give them a visit.
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm I've used a place called Charoen Sook 3 times now. Twice for minor insurance repairs, which were fine. More recently (I got my car back on 24 Dec) they have given my car a mid-life bodywork makeover (about as major as it gets), and I am very impressed with the work. I've used other places around town, and they are basically the reason I needed a mid-life bodywork makeover.

How much did a bodywork makeover cost BB?
I was thinking of replacing my old Hilux this year but seeing as I have plenty of parking, I've decided to get a new truck but keep the old one. ( A few more years and I'll call it a classic! )
It has a few stone chips, general scuffing and a couple of minor scrapes.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've PM'd you Steve.

Points 48; Position 20
StevePIraq
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by StevePIraq »

Depending on where you live there is a very good car body shop on the right side of Pala U road going out of town opposite Hua Hin school, it is a yellow shop and is approved by insurers.
Yellow car shop.jpg
Yellow car shop.jpg (391.93 KiB) Viewed 567 times
"Live everyday as if it were your last because someday you're going to be right." Muhammad Ali
STEVE G
Hero
Hero

Post by STEVE G »

Big Boy wrote: Fri Jan 07, 2022 3:55 pm I've PM'd you Steve.
Thanks!
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Big Boy wrote: Mon Jan 03, 2022 4:38 pm I've used a place called Charoen Sook 3 times now. Twice for minor insurance repairs, which were fine. More recently (I got my car back on 24 Dec) they have given my car a mid-life bodywork makeover (about as major as it gets), and I am very impressed with the work. I've used other places around town, and they are basically the reason I needed a mid-life bodywork makeover.

Was about to set off to this body shop. Looking on google maps it shows as closed and opens at 9pm. When you look at their opening times through the week, it appears common to open at 3 am to 3 pm.
Is this just screwed up info on maps or do they really keep weird hours?
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I guess its screwed up. Fairly regular opening times. There's a phone number on the picture above.

Points 48; Position 20
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

HHTel wrote: Thu Jan 13, 2022 2:25 pm

Was about to set off to this body shop. Looking on google maps it shows as closed and opens at 9pm. When you look at their opening times through the week, it appears common to open at 3 am to 3 pm.
Is this just screwed up info on maps or do they really keep weird hours?
Google maps are not reliable. One place I was looking for was mapped to be located at the far end of Kao Takiab when, in fact, it was nowhere near Kao Takiab.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well I went there this afternoon. If the quality of his work can be judged by the number of customers, then he must be second to none! Took one look at the damage and immediately quoted 3K baht. Far, far below what I expected so I had no hesitation.

Thanks for the heads up, BB.
europtimiste
Banned
Banned

Post by europtimiste »

I use Chana at canal Rd. close to Viriyah office.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

A big thankyou, BB, for that recommendation.
Bodyshop.jpg
Bodyshop.jpg (15.6 KiB) Viewed 358 times
I don't have a 'before' pic but that corner was really stove in.

100% recommendation from me.