What is all the fuss about Covid?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by HarryVardon »

The governments of most western countries seem to be trying to force people to get vaccinated at all costs. Some, like France, seem to be treating unvaccinated people as common criminals. As I understand things Covid can be caught and past on by vaccinated people just as easily as unvaccinated people. As far as I can understand the situation, when unvaccinated people of a certain age group catch Covid then they are likely to be more affected than vaccinated people. The current Covid vaccinations, unlike polio, tb, smallpox, etc., were not designed to eradicate Covid but simply to ease the symptoms. Covid is going to be with us, it seems, for hundreds of years to come. It is just going to get milder (as is now happening with Omicron) and we are all going to learn to live with it. So, as far as I understand, the only difference between a vaccinated person and an unvaccinated person is that an unvaccinated person is more likely to need hospital treatment. If hospitals are overfull of unvaccinated people who are in hospital solely for Covid treatment, then a government needs to take appropriate action. The cheapest and most effective action if this happens would be to make more hospital beds available. Any other action (lockdowns, social distancing, banning alcohol and many more things that stupid governments are doing) seem not only to be a waste of time but are doing more damage to the countries and the people than Covid could ever do. If we look at actual situations in Europe and America. In Europe, Belgium used lock-down more than any other European country and Sweden had hardly any lock-down at all. The Covid rates in Belgium were much, much higher than Sweden. In the USA, California had the strongest lock-downs and Florida the least. Here again, the Covid rates in California are much, much higher than Florida. We are being flooded by irrelevant figures by all governments and standard media who seem to want to control the population by keeping them scared. There are only interesting figures that should be published, (1) The number of people that are in hospital due to Covid (whether or not they have Covid is not interesting it is only whether Covid is the cause of the hospital stay) and (2) The number of people whose death is actually caused by of Covid (unlike the current figures where anyone who has tested positive for Covid in the last 28 days is assumed to have died of Covid even if someone blew their brains out with a shotgun). In almost every country in the world Covid does not appear in the top 15 causes of death but governments are spending billions on it and ignoring the main causes of death (many of which could be reduced by a minimal spend. Just think how many young lives could be saved by ensuring that people wear a helmet on a scooter.
Is my logic above not correct, could someone tell me what I am missing here. I just don’t understand why the world is making such a fuss over something like this when there seems many, many more important things to worry about.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by caller »

Sweden is a sparesely populated Country, Belgium isnt. All comparisons are meaningless.

Personally, I would forcibly round up all unvaccinated people, strap them to a chair and stick a needle in them. Job done. Then hospitals and life can return to some normality.
Talk is cheap
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

In Europe, Belgium used lock-down more than any other European country and Sweden had hardly any lock-down at all.
I suggest you re-read the situation in Sweden. They have figured worse than other Nordic countries and are now admitting mistakes made. Although lockdowns were no mandated until recently, similar restrictions were advised with the majority of the population adhering to those restrictions voluntarily.
Tegnell’s strategy in the early stage of the crisis is facing growing criticism in Sweden. The official commission investigating the country’s response has criticised the slow reaction at the start of 2020 and noted that Sweden let the virus spread faster than other Nordic countries.

Mattias Karlsson, former leader of the populist Sweden Democrats, told the FT that Tegnell had been “completely wrong” on several issues and that the judgment on him would be “very harsh”. He added: “Especially in the early phase of the pandemic there were a lot of things we could have done that would have made a difference.”

Sweden’s current infection rate is lower than much of central and eastern Europe, but higher than France, Spain and Italy.

And while Sweden has fared better than many European countries during the pandemic, it has done worse than all of its Nordic neighbours.
https://www.ft.com/content/0c07de5f-e85 ... 8f7d18ebef

There are no available stats showing deaths from Covid vs other deaths, only estimations.
We can think of them as our best, educated — but still ballpark — estimates. Some of the specific figures are highly uncertain, as the large uncertainty intervals show. But the overall conclusion remains clear: in many countries and globally, the number of confirmed deaths from COVID-19 is far below the pandemic’s full death toll.
https://ourworldindata.org/excess-mortality-covid
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

caller wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:27 pm

Personally, I would forcibly round up all unvaccinated people, strap them to a chair and stick a needle in them. Job done.
Younger adults who don't particularly need them, too? Children? Babies?
Last edited by Lost on Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. I watch the stats in our province of PKK daily. To date, just 1 fully vaccinated person has passed away. The rest who have passed away have not been vaccinated. Nobody is trying to say vaccinated people can't catch the bug and pass it on. However, this exercise is about surviving, and in our PKK sample the results are quite conclusive.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Average age of covid deaths, UK. (edit, table fecked up)

And the average lifespan in the UK is 81.2 years. Make of that what you will.
Attachments
Screenshot_20220109_104407.jpg
(56.51 KiB) Downloaded 1047 times
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Although younger adults are less likely to be affected by any serious medical concerns, they can still contract Covid and subsequently pass it on to others including their own family. The devastation caused for children is not from contracting the virus themselves but other members of the family who are hospitalised and sometimes die. This causes a socio-economic knock-on effect by forcing more children into poverty. Vaccinated youths are less likely to infect others as transmission capability is reduced.
migrant
Addict
Addict

Post by migrant »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:45 pm Although younger adults are less likely to be affected by any serious medical concerns, they can still contract Covid and subsequently pass it on to others including their own family. The devastation caused for children is not from contracting the virus themselves but other members of the family who are hospitalised and sometimes die. This causes a socio-economic knock-on effect by forcing more children into poverty. Vaccinated youths are less likely to infect others as transmission capability is reduced.
I'm not considered a younger adult but what you said I fully agree with. My 81 yr old MIL lives with us and I would hate to be the cause of her contracting covid.
The proper function of man is to live, not to exist. I shall not waste my days in trying to prolong them. I shall use my time.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

I think it has been proven beyond doubt, that vaccinations reduce serious illness and deaths. I don’t think there is accurate statistics as to how less transmittable Covid is from vaccinated people, but there is evidence that it’s reduced. The cost of vaccinating people is considerably less than increasing the capability of the hospital facilities. Sorry HV, but I don’t accept that Governments should simply pour more money into increasing the medical infrastructure when there are far cheaper and more effective solutions - compulsory vaccination may be going too far, but some form of restrictions should apply to those who choose not to get vaccinated - this does not include those who have a genuine reason why they cannot be vaccinated.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Lost wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:35 pm

Personally, I would forcibly round up all unvaccinated people, strap them to a chair and stick a needle in them. Job done.
Now, now lost, let's not be pedantic - you know full well what was meant. You'll also know full well my feelings towards anti-vaxers and the shite they've caused.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:14 pm
Lost wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 5:35 pm

Now, now lost, let's not be pedantic - you know full well what was meant. You'll also know full well my feelings towards anti-vaxers and the shite they've caused.

:cheers: :cheers:
:thumb:

:cheers:
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

pharvey wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:14 pm Now, now lost, let's not be pedantic - you know full well what was meant.
Which is why he was ignored.

Everyone has rights these days. Somehow obligations and responsibility have got lost.
Talk is cheap
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

Just wait until the truth comes out.

https://openvaers.com/covid-data
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

nil wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:39 pm Just wait until the truth comes out.

Oh do do some form of due diligence before posting because it does make you look rather, for want of a better word, THICK :cuss:

https://www.logically.ai/articles/calif ... -openvaers

OpenVAERS is a U.S.-focused site that was created in January this year. The project used to live on thearkivist.net, which was created in September 2019, until its owner created a separate website dedicated to the misrepresentation of COVID-19 vaccine data. OpenVAERS repackages raw federal data from the official VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) website to push an anti-vax agenda. The site misrepresents data collected on VAERS and publishes it in a way that has very likely made a significant contribution to vaccine hesitancy. The website publishes unverified data and statistics on how many people have allegedly died or suffered injuries after getting their COVID-19 vaccine. The site features a “red box summary page,” which shows misrepresented figures in large fonts.
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
nil
Professional
Professional

Post by nil »

sateeb wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 7:01 pm
nil wrote: Sun Jan 09, 2022 6:39 pm Just wait until the truth comes out.

Oh do do some form of due diligence before posting because it does make you look rather, for want of a better word, THICK :cuss:

https://www.logically.ai/articles/calif ... -openvaers

OpenVAERS is a U.S.-focused site that was created in January this year. The project used to live on thearkivist.net, which was created in September 2019, until its owner created a separate website dedicated to the misrepresentation of COVID-19 vaccine data. OpenVAERS repackages raw federal data from the official VAERS (Vaccine Adverse Event Reporting System) website to push an anti-vax agenda. The site misrepresents data collected on VAERS and publishes it in a way that has very likely made a significant contribution to vaccine hesitancy. The website publishes unverified data and statistics on how many people have allegedly died or suffered injuries after getting their COVID-19 vaccine. The site features a “red box summary page,” which shows misrepresented figures in large fonts.
You really believe that there is nothing going on? All the reporting systems in the US, Europe and England are showing the same. Massive amounts of injuries and deaths compared to previous years.
Why do you think there is a 500% increase in footballers dropping dead with cardiac arrest since the vaccines. Coincidence?
Personally I know several people that have been injured by these vaccines - continuous fatigue, paralysis and chest pains. And am hearing about a lot of people are now refusing to get another shot due to what they have experienced or have seen in other people they know.
Do you think these are lying. https://www.realnotrare.com/