What is all the fuss about Covid?

Temporary sub-forum for all news, updates, developments and discussion on Coronavirus/Covid-19 in Hua Hin, Thailand and globally. Any and all topics on the outbreak will be moved into this forum for ease of information access.
pharvey

Re: What is all the fuss about Covid?

Post by pharvey »

STEVE G wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 5:38 pmThe person in charge won't even accept responsibility for a cheese and wine party in his own garden!
Taking your hatred of the UK government to extremes again Steve? :wink:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Well said, Caller. I and I'm sure many others are of the same opinion.

I have a 'front line' nurse in the family. She has said in not so many words that "These muppets are welcome to spend a 20 hour shift with me on the ICU wards. These wards are full of unvaccinated people.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I see thousands of NHS staff and their supporters protested nationwide today. Calling themselves the 'NHS 100k', they're the staff at risk of losing their jobs (next month?) because they refuse the covid vaccination. Mandatory vaccinations are being brought in for NHS staff, and they ain't having it.

20220122_163935.jpg
(250.38 KiB) Downloaded 949 times
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

They are not refusing the vaccine. They are not anti vaxxers. They are anti mandate.

Get it right. Most of the 'protester' I've seen interviewed have said that they are pro-vaccine but want to make their own decision rather than being told what to do.

There's good evidence to suggest that without the mandate, the majority would get jabbed anyway.
Although the demonstration was organised around the NHS vaccine mandate, the majority of people who joined the protest appeared to have no affiliation with the health service.
HarryVardon
Professional
Professional

Post by HarryVardon »

Give this video a look

sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

/\ Nope
On second thoughts I managed less than 10 seconds. Jeff Taylor, far right UKIP supporter, Brexiteer and all round twunt. :cuss:
“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

sateeb wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 9:10 am /\ Nope
On second thoughts I managed less than 10 seconds. Jeff Taylor, far right UKIP supporter, Brexiteer and all round twunt. :cuss:
For fecks sake, let's not bring Brexit into everything!! :roll: :wink:

No doubt the guy is a twunt, but reported figures are always up for debate - they were certainly confusing initially. Pretty sure if I hadn't survived my stay in hospital after catching an early dose of Covid, my "Cause of Death" may well have read otherwise - I do unfortunately suffer from underlying conditions as many others do which would no doubt have been reported. I still suffer pushing two years (and another dose of Covid) later, and will add "Long Covid" is not a myth either..... We have however moved forward and seem to know far more about the virus and condition...... Well, some of at least!! :banghead:

Quite simply, the stats and records can be twisted to suit pretty much any argument - however, those with an inkling of intelligence and/or experience of Covid will know a little better than this fecking idiot and his ilk.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
KhunLA
Guru
Guru

Post by KhunLA »

Chart charts and more charts ... really hard to get any 'conclusive' info.

One thing obvious from all the charts I've seen, chance of me dying from Covid is pretty slim.
Chance of my dying from Covid without already having health issues, is even slimmer.

How about those pork prices, when are they coming back down. I'm getting tired of eating
Salmon, crab, lobster & beef steaks 😂
sateeb
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by sateeb »

I can think of at least 3 Forum members who should do a phone in with this guy :laugh: :laugh:

“Never argue with an idiot. They will only bring you down to their level and beat you with experience.”

― George Carlin
“The further a society drifts from the truth, the more it will hate those who speak it.” -George Orwell.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

HHTel wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:18 am They are not refusing the vaccine. They are not anti vaxxers. They are anti mandate.
Wrong, I'm afraid. Many NHS staff are refusing the vaccine. Including NHS doctors. No, not anti-vaxxers, never said they were.

I'm not 'antivax'. Will I get another jab after already having two? No, it doesn't make any sense at my age and health.
Last edited by Lost on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

The chances of dying from Covid are considerably reduced if you’re fully vaccinated - a third booster gives you 90% protection against the risk of being hospitalised

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

HHTel wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 10:50 pm Well said, Caller. I and I'm sure many others are of the same opinion.

I have a 'front line' nurse in the family. She has said in not so many words that "These muppets are welcome to spend a 20 hour shift with me on the ICU wards. These wards are full of unvaccinated people.
:agree:

I have 3 front line nurses and 2 paramedics in the family, plus the lady next door does 1 week in four on the front line. All of them are true heroes, and each one has caught/survived the bug.

Probably the saddest story was the lady next door. She does a full week of Covid duty (not allowed home to see her kids in that period). She was due home on New Years Eve, and a party was planned. She didn't make it home - her final test was positive, so a further 10 days away from her family. Every one of the 6 has many horror stories to tell, and as well as putting their own lives at risk, are sacrificing a normal family life for this non-existent bug.

If the keyboard warriors are correct, why would they be putting themselves through such hell?
Championship Plymouth Argyle 1 - 0 Hull City :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

Points 51; Position 21
Consolidated - Championship Next Season :dance: :dance:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Just to add to my last post 'as many as 73,000 NHS staff risk losing their jobs because they refuse the vaccine'.

Edit: Though it is estimated that 29,000ish may be medically exempt from having the vaccine
Last edited by Lost on Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Lost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 am Just to add to my last post 'as many as 73,000 NHS staff risk losing their jobs because they refuse the vaccine'.
I’m sure they’ll be a last minute compromise - whether you agree or disagree with the principle of compulsory vaccination of medical staff, the simple fact is that the NHS cannot cope with its existing staffing numbers let alone 70,000 less.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:35 am
Lost wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 11:31 am Just to add to my last post 'as many as 73,000 NHS staff risk losing their jobs because they refuse the vaccine'.
I’m sure they’ll be a last minute compromise - whether you agree or disagree with the principle of compulsory vaccination of medical staff, the simple fact is that the NHS cannot cope with its existing staffing numbers let alone 70,000 less.
Pretty sure there will be a compromise, yes. Will cause all sorts of mayhem if not. They're making their voices heard at the moment anyway.