FA CUP 2022

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Big Boy

Re: FA CUP 2022

Post by Big Boy »

..............and I hope tonight's game is equally as good.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
buksida

Post by buksida »

Pal had BeIN 1 as part of his True package so we watched it on that. Will give the Beeb/VPN option a go for the second semi today.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Pagey
Legend
Legend

Post by Pagey »

buksida wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:32 am Pal had BeIN 1 as part of his True package so we watched it on that. Will give the Beeb/VPN option a go for the second semi today.
ITV for todays semi, not the Beeb.
'If you didn't have a wasted youth you wasted your youth'

Man in pub circa 1987.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Pagey wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:42 am ITV for todays semi, not the Beeb.
:thumb: cheers.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

buksida wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 10:38 am Anyone know what channels will be showing the semi-final today aside from paid services and PPTV36 which buffers constantly and is unwatchable for events?
Obviously it's a bit late now (I only just saw this) but just to say that I have frequently watched FA Cup games on PPTV36 in the past and I've never experienced any buffering issues.

That's probably because I usually watch it using a set top box connected via a coax cable which is not subject to buffering in the first place. However I've also watched it via the TrueID TV app and can't recall noticing any problems.

What system or set-up are you using to watch PPTV36?
buksida

Post by buksida »

GroveHillWanderer wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 4:23 pm Obviously it's a bit late now (I only just saw this) but just to say that I have frequently watched FA Cup games on PPTV36 in the past and I've never experienced any buffering issues.

That's probably because I usually watch it using a set top box connected via a coax cable which is not subject to buffering in the first place. However I've also watched it via the TrueID TV app and can't recall noticing any problems.

What system or set-up are you using to watch PPTV36?
Yes, it runs from a set-top box that has all the Thai channels, which all work fine most of the time. Its only PPTV36 that buffers and only with events including Thai football. It is not our internet connection because YouTube, Netflix, iPlayer, and all other channels stream fine - the only problematic one is PPTV36 for live events such as MotoGP. I've tried it several times and have just given up on it now due to the buffering, fortunately, there are a few alternatives and in English. Races I'm happy to download and watch the next day.
buksida

Post by buksida »

Just to wrap this one up, the problem with PPTV was with the set-top box which was a third-party one. 3BB gave the Mrs a new one for free as part of our internet package and PPTV36 streamed yesterday's MotoGP without a hitch.
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Which channel is showing next weekend's FA Cup final?

YNWA

YNWA
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Screenshot_20220514_084331.jpg
(202.78 KiB) Downloaded 141 times

Well, well, well... my final prediction is locked and loaded. I think I deserve an apology BB. :laugh:

Next prediction league I may even try and get some right.

Anywho, I'm a Chelsea fan today. Sick of this talk of a quadruple from Liverpool. Hope the only thing they get is the league cup. :D
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

huahin4ever wrote:Which channel is showing next weekend's FA Cup final?

YNWA
In the UK it’s being shown by both BBC and ITV so if you have a VPN that’s one option - no doubt some of the Thai channels will be showing it too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

BeIN is your best bet here in Thailand.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Post by Dannie Boy »

Not the greatest game and nothing to separate the teams - hard for the players to lose on a penalty shootout but that’s the way it is these days. Well done Liverpool and bad luck to Chelsea, - I can’t see Liverpool winning the quadruple and maybe even the treble will be a reach too far, but whatever, a great season for them!!
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

Dannie Boy wrote: Sun May 15, 2022 1:47 am
I can’t see Liverpool winning the quadruple and maybe even the treble will be a reach too far, but whatever, a great season for them!!
Certainly not a poor season - worst case it's a domestic double, losing Champions League finalists and runners up in the EPL. After today they'd no doubt be disappointed with that scenario....... The coming weeks will tell.

:cheers: :cheers:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Got to feel for Mason Mount. The young lad's had six Wembley finals... lost all six. :shock:

His penalty that lost it, too. He's cursed.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Caller, you didn't even back your own team to win it!

Below though is a good illustration as to why I'm not a great predictor of football. :wink:

Screenshot_20220515_093703.jpg
Screenshot_20220515_093703.jpg (190.38 KiB) Viewed 121 times