Influencers

This is the free for all area, live and unleashed, say what you like!
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Influencers

Post by lindosfan1 »

I have started this rather than contaminate the post about the poor child drowning in the pool while the mother was being photographed.
What the hell is the business of influencers about. They tart themselves up with so much makeup you could plaster the Kremlin. They the do stupid poses and post on various sites. What puzzles me is manufacturers pay these people to do this, it can be thousands of pounds. Some travel round the world doing it.
Somehow they have convinced the younger generation that these people are worth following. What for?
Some of their pictures are so photo shopped it is painfully obvious that it is false and young kids believe it, in some cases making themselves ill trying to emulate them.
I joined a web site (tiktok) and it kept showing various young girils in provocative poses. What is the point? why are they doing it? I deleted the site from my mobile.
Who is to blame , misguided parents, manufacturers? the advertisers, these days kids as young as 6 supposedly are not sure what sex they are.
I am glad that I was a youngster in the 50's and 60's The world has gone barmy :banghead: :cuss: :duck:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Influencers

Post by Dannie Boy »

lindosfan1 wrote: Sat Feb 19, 2022 9:38 pm I have started this rather than contaminate the post about the poor child drowning in the pool while the mother was being photographed.
What the hell is the business of influencers about. They tart themselves up with so much makeup you could plaster the Kremlin. They the do stupid poses and post on various sites. What puzzles me is manufacturers pay these people to do this, it can be thousands of pounds. Some travel round the world doing it.
Somehow they have convinced the younger generation that these people are worth following. What for?
Some of their pictures are so photo shopped it is painfully obvious that it is false and young kids believe it, in some cases making themselves ill trying to emulate them.
I joined a web site (tiktok) and it kept showing various young girils in provocative poses. What is the point? why are they doing it? I deleted the site from my mobile.
Who is to blame , misguided parents, manufacturers? the advertisers, these days kids as young as 6 supposedly are not sure what sex they are.
I am glad that I was a youngster in the 50's and 60's The world has gone barmy :banghead: :cuss: :duck:
You’re not wrong there!!
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

I think the stage was set when the teenagers from the late '60s became parents and having rejected the values of their parents, had no values to pass on to their children who became the parents of children born in the '80s and '90s and so on.

Having no values and no foundation to grow from, those children accepted whatever they were told through the internet.

The schools were of no help as the teachers of the children born in the '90s were the children of those who were in their teens in the late '60s and '70s.

I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush. Obviously, there are people of those eras who were taught traditional values and incorporated them into their lives and that is one source of tension in the world today; odder values vs. lack of values.

The media, particularly social media uses this dichotomy to play one group against another in order to profit. It's happening on many levels and it's always about money, power, and control, with the young, uneducated, and ungrounded in values being manipulated by the various forms of media.

If one doesn't get caught up in the emotional minutia of it, it can be entertaining to watch; sort of like TV. Of course, if you have children it's a different story. Maybe you'd just do the best you can and hope you don't make a mess of it. That's probably what we all do/did anyway.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:44 am I think the stage was set when the teenagers from the late '60s became parents and having rejected the values of their parents, had no values to pass on to their children who became the parents of children born in the '80s and '90s and so on.

Having no values and no foundation to grow from, those children accepted whatever they were told through the internet.

The schools were of no help as the teachers of the children born in the '90s were the children of those who were in their teens in the late '60s and '70s.

I don't want to tar everyone with the same brush. Obviously, there are people of those eras who were taught traditional values and incorporated them into their lives and that is one source of tension in the world today; odder values vs. lack of values.

The media, particularly social media uses this dichotomy to play one group against another in order to profit. It's happening on many levels and it's always about money, power, and control, with the young, uneducated, and ungrounded in values being manipulated by the various forms of media.

If one doesn't get caught up in the emotional minutia of it, it can be entertaining to watch; sort of like TV. Of course, if you have children it's a different story. Maybe you'd just do the best you can and hope you don't make a mess of it. That's probably what we all do/did anyway.
Well, you are generalising IMHO - and quite possibly targeting the wrong generation.

My siblings and I were teenagers in the early 80's - certainly not the late 60's. We were brought up with clear values from our parents born in the early 40's and our relatives born before them. We have all tried to instill this ethos into our future generation(s), but the world has gone to shite - social media, do-gooders, the PC Brigade (and I know that comment annoys some - but bollocks, it's true)... and so on. Today is filled with the Woke Brigade et. al. who seem to be able to get away with anything.

The breakthroughs in technology and engineering have been incredible, but they have come at a cost - not just Social Media, but Internet access and a whole new world of information, Good, Bad & Ugly (to quote a film title)!

In the UK, I blame the government(s) and modern benefits system hugely - we have twunt parents here who pop out kids galore, keep their digits up their amply sized @rses, collect benefits whilst watching their large screen TV's in their Council Houses. These pricks are even entitled to get a FREE taxi to collect their benefits - no doubt stopping on the way back to collect a packet of fags and a couple of litres of cider...... Why do I pay tax?

:rant:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

pharvey wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 1:17 am
handdrummer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 12:44 am I think the stage was set when the teenagers from the late '60s became parents and having rejected the values of their parents, had no values to pass on to their children who became the parents of children born in the '80s and '90s and so on.

Well, you are generalising IMHO - and quite possibly targeting the wrong generation.

My siblings and I were teenagers in the early 80's - certainly not the late 60's. We were brought up with clear values from our parents born in the early 40's and our relatives born before them. We have all tried to instill this ethos into our future generation(s), but the world has gone to shite - social media, do-gooders, the PC Brigade (and I know that comment annoys some - but bollocks, it's true)... and so on. Today is filled with the Woke Brigade et. al. who seem to be able to get away with anything.

The breakthroughs in technology and engineering have been incredible, but they have come at a cost - not just Social Media, but Internet access and a whole new world of information, Good, Bad & Ugly (to quote a film title)!

In the UK, I blame the government(s) and modern benefits system hugely - we have twunt parents here who pop out kids galore, keep their digits up their amply sized @rses, collect benefits whilst watching their large screen TV's in their Council Houses. These pricks are even entitled to get a FREE taxi to collect their benefits - no doubt stopping on the way back to collect a packet of fags and a couple of litres of cider...... Why do I pay tax?

:rant:
I was limiting my observations to the US. I left England after Easter in '62 and never paid any more attention to what went on there.

I returned to the US at Xmas of '68 and what I observed from that point on was what I was referring to.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

pharvey wrote
This is one of the main problems, there is not enough control as to what is published on the internet. Certainly tiktok is a disgrace in what they allow to be published, if I looked further I could probably find more.
The woke brigade are a pain you cannot say what you think anymore. The LBGT brigade is not bad if people want to be gay not a problem but the transgender side is farcical. The American swimmer who professes to be female and broken many records gets changed in the female dressing room he still has all his sexual organs. That makes him a man.
They seem to get an awful lot of publicity, which is wrong' they are a very small minority who seem to have a very good publicity machine.
Never thought I would say this but bring back Mary Whitehouse, who was a strict moralist. She would give them a run for their money. :cuss: :banghead: :rant:
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

handdrummer wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 4:42 am I was limiting my observations to the US. I left England after Easter in '62 and never paid any more attention to what went on there.

I returned to the US at Xmas of '68 and what I observed from that point on was what I was referring to.
Fair comment. We have certainly had and have our issues in the UK, but perhaps the "downfall" was a few years later than the US.
lindosfan1 wrote: Sun Feb 20, 2022 5:40 am pharvey wrote
This is one of the main problems, there is not enough control as to what is published on the internet. Certainly tiktok is a disgrace in what they allow to be published, if I looked further I could probably find more.
The woke brigade are a pain you cannot say what you think anymore. The LBGT brigade is not bad if people want to be gay not a problem but the transgender side is farcical. The American swimmer who professes to be female and broken many records gets changed in the female dressing room he still has all his sexual organs. That makes him a man.
They seem to get an awful lot of publicity, which is wrong' they are a very small minority who seem to have a very good publicity machine.
Never thought I would say this but bring back Mary Whitehouse, who was a strict moralist. She would give them a run for their money. :cuss: :banghead: :rant:
Couldn't agree more lindos!
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

A very good article in the Daily fail about this American swimmer who claims to be female.
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

You can call yourself and "identify" with whatever you want but you can't change your DNA.

I can see a future, maybe it's now, where, when children are born they aren't identified as male or female and their parents will wait to see what the offspring decides it is.