Ministry of Transport's M-Flow system

Driving and riding in Hua Hin and Thailand, all topics on cars, pickups, bikes, boats, licenses, roads, and motoring in general.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Re: Ministry of Transport's M-Flow system

Post by VincentD »

I did the Chalongrat expressway, then turned left onto the No 7 highway that passes Swampypoom and on to the Chonburi turnoff. I did not pass a single MFlow lane, all were still Easypass/ MPass. I stand my ground, will not register and hope this thing dies a slow death.
As I don't use the expressways often anymore, I will wait in the traffic chaos for now.
วินเชนท์
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

As of now M-Flow is only on the Eastern Ring Road.
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

Okay. I guess that's why I was accosted at the Thap Chang tollgate on the alternative route back from Chonburi. Will put on my 'avoid if possible' routes.
วินเชนท์
VincentD
Ace
Ace

Post by VincentD »

VincentD wrote: Thu Feb 24, 2022 3:54 am Re M-flow. I was handed the brochure at the toll gate; they seem desperate enough to get this thing going that they were willing to forgo the toll (I use Easy pass). The lines are all painted, the Easy pass lanes have been converted to M-flow (cue more jams, as Easy pass has been shifted to share the cash only lanes).
Upon getting home, I read the brochure, and upon finding out that it is basically a NPR (number plate recognition) system, and that the only option to pay is to give them your credit card details, it got filed in the bin.
No way they will get access to that information.
Haha. Surprise, surprise. A letter ended up in the mail from M-Flow to me, stating that I had passed through without paying (see above quoted text). It's in Thai, fortunately I read enough to understand I owe them 30 baht for above incident. No details on how to pay, you need to go to their website. Fortunately I have until the 8th to pay, and they have an English language version.
Long story short, use website in English language, look for payment options. Enter your car registration, and you get a qr code. Save said qr code, go to your online banking app, read qr code, approve payment, done.
As an aside, I passed by the toll gate near Lam Lu Ka yesterday, it's easy to avoid the M-Flow lanes as long as you are aware they are there.
วินเชนท์
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Wow. Picking up 30 baht from my 'car tray', hand it to the cashier barely stopping the car and I'm on my way.

I know which I prefer.