Baan Itsara

Restaurants, food, beverage, hawkers, and local markets and suppliers. This is the place for discussion on Hua Hin's culinary options.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Baan Itsara

Post by Jack_Batty »

Baan Itsara

Hadn’t seen anything on this restaurant lately. I just had my first visit there, after living here almost 2 1/2 years. This is on the water, about three or four blocks north of Coco 51. I visited yesterday at about 3pm, so I wouldn’t imagine that it was a busy time for them. Still, it was quite full of Thai families enjoying the seafood cooked in a Thai way. I don’t recall seeing any western dishes on the menu. My girl and I ordered four dishes, pictured, and each one of them was absolutely delicious. The bill came to just under 1300฿, which I felt was a bargain for all the food we got at that quality. Service was very quick and very efficient. Shrimp cakes, shrimp & minced pork wing bean salad, seafood in yellow curry, and mantis shrimp sautéed in garlic and black pepper.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
PeteC

Re: Baan Itsara

Post by PeteC »

That place has had good reviews on here since 2006, so they seem to be consistent concerning quality, and in business longer than many.

They had some Covid cluster problems Autumn last year per Joelle's reports, so they may have been open irregularly during that period. :cheers:
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Baan Itsara

Post by Jack_Batty »

Just returned from another fantastic meal at Baan Itsara. We got there just after 4pm, so all seats near the water were taken, but the workers were busy setting up the seating out on the patio.

Tonight we had fried fish cakes, tom yum goong, and wing bean salad, again…because it has been my favorite dish so far. It’s a perfect balance of sweet, sour, and savory, with the prawns, minced pork, and coconut milk. Service, as always, was very attentive. Great restaurant with a beautiful view. These three dishes, with a lime soda and a bottle of water came to 780 baht.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk