Oasis Bar Zone

Discussion on where to go when the sun goes down in Hua Hin; bars, pubs, clubs, karaoke and general nightlife.
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Re: Oasis Bar Zone

Post by Jack_Batty »

handdrummer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:43 pm
Jack_Batty wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 6:32 pm
handdrummer wrote: Mon Apr 04, 2022 4:31 pm Where will all the people come from to fill these bars?
Right? Too bad there isn’t an abundance of customers to match this abundance of optimism in saturating the area with bars.
It's always the same, whether it's bars or restaurants, or beauty salons, or whatever. One shop opens and a 1/2 dozen others think it's a good idea to open the same kind of business within a 300-meter radius. Eventually, all but 1 or 2 go broke. They never learn. It's the curse of having a low IQ.
I left Immigration last week and decided to meander down the nearby terminus of 88 to see what was new. I was…well, I guess I wasn’t surprised to see four barber shop/beauty salons basically next door to each other. It was pretty ridiculous. On another note, there is a new roast duck noodle shop a little further up that looks very good. I’m gonna have to give them a try and write a review.
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

What an obscene puerile thing to say,
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Jack_Batty wrote:Image
I believe this is the location of the soon-to-come Maldives Bar Zone. Nothing has been built as of yet. The area is really going to be saturated with little bars.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Jack, are you sure it's on this site?

Not the one opposite and on the corner, next door to Route 94 and the old F1 racing place(whatever that was??)

Meaningful work has started on the site I mention above

I agree re saturation. Some bars in wonderland 1 seem to be struggling.....

Sent from my M2007J20CT using Tapatalk

Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Yeah, that could be the actual location. I was just sent the plans of the site from someone associated with the build, and was told that it would be directly behind Rock Zone. Maybe they meant directly next to it? I haven’t gone down and checked the actual site lately, so I apologize if the info wasn’t 100% correct. But, yes, it will still further saturate the area, with bars already struggling to fill stools.

thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

Jack_Batty wrote: Yeah, that could be the actual location. I was just sent the plans of the site from someone associated with the build, and was told that it would be directly behind Rock Zone. Maybe they meant directly next to it? I haven’t gone down and checked the actual site lately, so I apologize if the info wasn’t 100% correct. But, yes, it will still further saturate the area, with bars already struggling to fill stools.

It still could be 'your' site.

Maybe they're building a new condo or hotel on the site I mention.

Hope they use triple glazing if so!

PeteC

Post by PeteC »

All off topic posts moved here: viewtopic.php?f=8&t=38406&p=557885#p557885
Governments are instituted among Men, deriving their just powers from the consent of the governed. Source
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

thecolonel wrote:
Jack_Batty wrote: Yeah, that could be the actual location. I was just sent the plans of the site from someone associated with the build, and was told that it would be directly behind Rock Zone. Maybe they meant directly next to it? I haven’t gone down and checked the actual site lately, so I apologize if the info wasn’t 100% correct. But, yes, it will still further saturate the area, with bars already struggling to fill stools.

It still could be 'your' site.

Maybe they're building a new condo or hotel on the site I mention.

Hope they use triple glazing if so!

Based on this rendering issued today, it looks you’re correct, if that’s the road that runs parallel to the tracks. Man, so so many bars in the area. I feel sorry for the owners trying come up with ways to stand out from the crowd.

caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

I bet that makes it look bigger than it actually is. What is the attraction of such places? Identikit bars, identikit prices, no comfy chairs, no quiet corners. Looks like hell to me
Talk is cheap
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

:agree:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

No attraction for me either. Should be a lot of fun in the rainy season!
huahin4ever
Ace
Ace

Post by huahin4ever »

Lot of fun for young people on the prowl for bar girls Maybe not so interesting for old retired gimps, 555

YNWA

YNWA
handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

Aside from the looks of the girls, how would you differentiate between one bar and another? I imagine all the bars will serve the same drinks and a bottle of Singha is a bottle of Singha.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

caller wrote:I bet that makes it look bigger than it actually is. What is the attraction of such places? Identikit bars, identikit prices, no comfy chairs, no quiet corners. Looks like hell to me
I think the attraction quite simply is cheap 'affordable' rents

If I recall correctly Wonderland started out at 6000/month, whereas some places on Bintabaht were 70k/month

Coupled with the fact that the majority of Thai ladies, especially married ones, dream of being a bar owner and a boss to some girls who give her a cut of some farang action. It's their absolute utopia

Sadly, whether or not it's still a viable business proposition seems to go out of the window.

And of course it's handsome man farang husband/boyfriend who foots the bill when it has to close or be sold at a loss

handdrummer
Addict
Addict

Post by handdrummer »

are there whoretels within walking distance or do they do it in the road?
centermid7
Banned
Banned

Post by centermid7 »

Cue the Beatles!