Semi Advanced Trees

Discussion on family life, childcare, home making, shopping, lifestyle, pet care, gardening and general household issues.
bigston
Professional
Professional

Semi Advanced Trees

Post by bigston »

Have looked all over,including the big palm place on the bypass rd up near Cha Am, a few places have a some but mostly large ugly looking things
am i missing any ?
happy to travel 100 km or so either North or South of HH to look
just after a couple of nice looking feature trees to provide some shade over 2 outdoor areas 3, 4 up to 5 metres tall
Someone may have seen a tree nursery or know of one..
Thanks
Dannie Boy
Hero
Hero

Re: Semi Advanced Trees

Post by Dannie Boy »

We bought most of our trees from a nursery about 3-4 kms past the Santorini Park on the opposite side as heading towards Petchaburi - no idea of the name though. All of our trees have survived and are now about 9 years older than they were when planted, which they did as part of the service. Sorry I can’t be any clearer although I’ll be passing that way next Wednesday so can ask if you don’t find anything before then.
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

The absolute best place would be the plant market at chatuchak. Unfortunately it's a bit outside your 100km range.
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Dannie Boy,i think ive called in to that place on the numerous trips back from the Rock place about 2 km further up
i dont recall seeing many trees, admittedly i wasnt looking for trees on those occasions.
if you have the time to perhaps stop and stick your head in and just see if they do have some sort of a selection of well established 3 metre plus , id be most grateful

hhinner, i thought someone might suggest somewhere like you mention
im more than happy to go there if im sure there will be a pretty good range, variety, of established trees
not knowing the place its hard to know, if they have them, perhaps you might ?
if anyone else knows, please,,,,
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

I'm not a plant person, but skipping through the above video reminded me that when fairs come to town (there's often one passing through), they usually have quite a big gardening section with little trees, etc. e.g. The Red Cross Fair. That could save you a trip to Bangkok. Just watch out for the next travelling fair.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Thanks BB for the link, ive seen a few utubes on it and could easily spend days there
im sure there must be a " tree farm " somewhere, maybe not connected with the market
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Chatuchak is overpriced and stocked by speciality growers from Thap-Tai, amongst others. If you bought a chilli plant from there, there's a good chance it came from a place not far from Makro at Pranburi.

There is an area in Bang Yai, in Nontahburi on motorway 9, Kanchanphisek Road, that has any number of garden centres, basically collectives of small dealers selling everything from the smallest plants to the largest trees.

If travelling from Hua Hin, the areaa is between the newish Si-Rat outer ring road expressway (toll road) which fizzles out before the junction where you cross the Borommaratchachonnani Rd and the junction with what the maps show as Nakhon In frontage road. there are good places on either side of the road. You don't actually need to enter the motorway, just stay on the frontage roads.

And yes, they will deliver and plant and if lucky, it will be free delivery, when someone from this area has already been there before you and ordered something.
Talk is cheap
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Great info caller, thanks....
did a google walk along rd number 9
there seems to be plenty of other plant nurseries in the immediate vicinity as well
looks like a LONG day out
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

There's a big nursery on the left, about 8 km from Makro going towards Cha Am, photo enclosed (closed Sundays). If they don't have what you want they can order it for you, maybe worth a try.
Also a couple of places after the tunnel and before FN Outlet, on the left
Attachments
received_692732418609784.jpeg
(282.73 KiB) Downloaded 515 times
bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Thanks joelle
ive been there numerous times over the past 6 months
quite an extensive range, ive asked before about trees, did not get very far, im up that way again this week ill pop in again,and ask, maybe someone different..
one thing id like to buy there is the cat......
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

bigston wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 8:43 pm Great info caller, thanks....
did a google walk along rd number 9
there seems to be plenty of other plant nurseries in the immediate vicinity as well
looks like a LONG day out
Yes, there are many, but there are two large 'collectives' either side of the road, almost opposite each other in fact. I'm lucky as I regularly stay in Bkk, on the other side of the city from this area, but it's a relatively easy and fast drive to get there at a weekend.
Talk is cheap
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Maybe no longer of interest but...

The traveling 'fair' currently outside Big C on the Huey Mongkol (or Pa La-U) Road has a couple of stalls selling trees in the 5, 6m size.

bigston
Professional
Professional

Post by bigston »

Thanks HH
i have not yet ventured up north to a few suggested places to go looking
this traveling "fair "
do you think it will be there tomorrow,
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star