Fantasy Premierleague 2022-23

Discussion on sports not relating to Hua Hin; football, rugby, motorsports, fantasy leagues and armchair sports fans meet here.
Bamboo Grove

Fantasy Premierleague 2022-23

Post by Bamboo Grove »

The new season of Fantasy Premierleague has started. Old members will join automatically when they register. Any new members, the code is

https://fantasy.premierleague.com/leagu ... oin/46loye
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Re: Fantasy Premierleague 2022-23

Post by Lost »

I've registered. 'The Cockwombles' that's me.

Promise I won't be too much bother on the fpl thread this time. I've done two seasons now so know the ins and outs. :D

:cheers:
I don't trust children. They're here to replace us.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Must have switched my team a dozen times over the past few days. Keep Haaland or not? A cheaper Jesus with a defensive upgrade of Alexander Arnold instead seems a good bet. But can I really have an Arsenal striker in my front 2? Do the players currently chosen start at the weekend or are they still working up to full match fitness?

Aaargh. :laugh:

Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

This season there is only one Free Hit -chip, last season there were two. There are still two Wild Card -chips and the first one must be used before the WC and the other after it. Good luck to everyone.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Lost wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 5:31 pm Keep Haaland or not? A cheaper Jesus with a defensive upgrade of Alexander Arnold instead seems a good bet.

So many have gone for Jesus. A favourable run of games for the Arse to begin with. Should he be on fire, 30% of fpl players may be playing catch up.

Edit: But should he shoot blanks, 70% of fpl players will have got it wrong. :wink:

20220802_141454.jpg
20220802_141454.jpg (53.65 KiB) Viewed 926 times
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Happy Premier League day, lads. It's back! :D

Hour and 10 to get any last changes to your team in. I got frustrated (that's a shocker :wink:) constantly transferring players out then back in again so decided to go for three different squads with the slight adjustments I couldn't decide on. Seems like a good plan.

Hope I've picked and tweek the right one to challenge for honours in the hhforum league. Or is a wooden spoon on the horizon. :mrgreen:

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Kane, Son, Haaland or Salah? Who's your bet to grab the most points?

That Haaland is going to bang in a fair amount of goals this season! Switched him out for Salah myself as a dead cert for points but now thinking Haaland may produce more with City watching today's game. Knew he's world class but always that possibility of taking time to adapt. A few of you knew he'd hit the ground running (away at West Ham!), captaining him your team. :bow:

I'm always gonna keep Kane and, to answer my question above, think he'll produce the most points out of the three. Blind optimism? Maybe. :laugh:

Son, Salah or Haaland is a feckin' difficult one!

Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Team of the Week: Chelski Allstars :dance:

Captain's Pick: Chelski Allstars, Erik Ten Haggers and palace rovers (Haaland) :clap:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

I fear my love of Kane is going to bury me this weekend in the hhforum league. Haaland against Bournemouth!?
:laugh:

I actually went to switch Kane out just for the week we play Chelsea but... due to so many others making the switch, the prices had changed putting me over budget. :banghead:

Anywho, happy Premier League day folks! :dance:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Team of the Week: FC Tinkerman :dance:

Captain's Pick: FC Tinkerman, Bamboo Grove (De Bruyne) :clap:

Crap Captain: The Blunderers, Lost (Salah) :butt:
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

Team of the Week: LeVigno :dance:

Captain's Pick: Wenger's Tackle (Salah - 16 points) :clap:

Crap Captain: Erik Ten Haggers (Son - 6 points) :butt:

(Bamboo Grove, I appear to have just made up my own weekly thing on your thread. I'm a nosy bugger and like to see how everyone's team did. Thought I'd post my findings. If you'd like me to refrain from doing so let me know :D) :cheers:
Bamboo Grove

Post by Bamboo Grove »

lost wrote:
Bamboo Grove, I appear to have just made up my own weekly thing on your thread. I'm a nosy bugger and like to see how everyone's team did. Thought I'd post my findings. If you'd like me to refrain from doing so let me know
lost, that's no problem. I actually enjoy it. I used to do some reporting in the early years of this competition but grew tired of it. It's great if you have enough time and energy to give comments. :cheers:
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Post by lindosfan1 »

Bamboo Grove wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:22 pm lost wrote:
Bamboo Grove, I appear to have just made up my own weekly thing on your thread. I'm a nosy bugger and like to see how everyone's team did. Thought I'd post my findings. If you'd like me to refrain from doing so let me know
lost, that's no problem. I actually enjoy it. I used to do some reporting in the early years of this competition but grew tired of it. It's great if you have enough time and energy to give comments. :cheers:
I like looking at others teams as well, I am not sure I achieve anything by looking. :oops:
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
pharvey

Post by pharvey »

lindosfan1 wrote: Tue Aug 23, 2022 3:32 pm I am not sure I achieve anything by looking. :oops:
Oh lindos....... :shock:
"Hope is a good thing, maybe the best of things" - Yma o Hyd.
Lost
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by Lost »

All week I toyed with the idea of shipping out Salah for De Bruyne. With Liverpool's piss poor midfield atm, I don't see Salah getting much service. It would also free up enough money to upgrade one of my non-playing bench players to a playing one. So what did I do?

Captained Salah. :?

Think what pushed me into this was my Saint-Maximin swap out the week before. Totally wrong move.

May regret the Salah one, think I should have been brave and got rid for De Bruyne. Also gone for a back 5. Could all end in tears, this. :laugh: