Leslie Phillips

Discussion, recommendations and reviews for music, movies, books and games. Creative arts, crafts and photography welcome.
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Leslie Phillips

Post by lindosfan1 »

Leslie Phillips passed away yesterday, an excellent actor.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.
caller
Hero
Hero

Re: Leslie Phillips

Post by caller »

I went to see him in one of the 'Savoy farces' at the Savoy Theatre in London. I don't know how I survived. I laughed so much I ached all over, my then girlfriend was the same. It was good old fashioned theatre, and we were in our early 20's. I don't think I have experienced anything funnier. The actors were laughing as much as the audience. Thanks for the memories Mr Phillips. A goood innings, methinks.
Talk is cheap
lindosfan1
Deceased
Deceased

Re: Leslie Phillips

Post by lindosfan1 »

caller wrote: Tue Nov 08, 2022 10:08 pm I went to see him in one of the 'Savoy farces' at the Savoy Theatre in London. I don't know how I survived. I laughed so much I ached all over, my then girlfriend was the same. It was good old fashioned theatre, and we were in our early 20's. I don't think I have experienced anything funnier. The actors were laughing as much as the audience. Thanks for the memories Mr Phillips. A goood innings, methinks.
That reminds one of the farces I went to was one over the eight, Kenneth Williams taking about is rotted stump whilst sitting on a log, full of double meanings. Theatre in the 60's was brilliant.
Woke up this morning breathing that's a good start to the day.