Escaping a busy Hua Hin

Bangkok and beyond, travel talk on all other places in Thailand and Southeast Asia.
SPONSORS: Bang Saphan Guide
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Escaping a busy Hua Hin

Post by thecolonel »

If Hua Hin was exceptionally busy eg Christmas and New Year, and you wanted to go somewhere a bit quieter, where would you go?

Preferably without going to Bkk and getting on a plane, but I'll listen to all options.

I'm sure there are places nearby that are boltholes for weary Huahinners to get out of dodge. I've just never explored them.

TIA

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Re: Escaping a busy Hua Hin

Post by buksida »

Depends on what you want.

Bangsaphan has grown to be a popular getaway for Huahinians (and vice versa) since it is the total opposite. No traffic, empty beaches, cheaper, and plenty of nature (not a concrete jungle) ... and it should have stopped raining by Christmas! The downside is there isn't much to do there and bars and restaurants are very limited. Prachuap town is a bit livelier.

We avoid traveling anywhere during the peak week due to the price premiums slapped onto everything ... and the crowds and horrific traffic.
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
Groodman

Post by Groodman »

If you are considering Bangsaphan Ban Krut may be a better option,you can stop off on the way down,a 2 hour drive.
thecolonel
Legend
Legend

Post by thecolonel »

buksida wrote:Depends on what you want.

Bangsaphan has grown to be a popular getaway for Huahinians (and vice versa) since it is the total opposite. No traffic, empty beaches, cheaper, and plenty of nature (not a concrete jungle) ... and it should have stopped raining by Christmas! The downside is there isn't much to do there and bars and restaurants are very limited. Prachuap town is a bit livelier.

We avoid traveling anywhere during the peak week due to the price premiums slapped onto everything ... and the crowds and horrific traffic.
Prachuap KK sounds like a good option

What do I want? Maybe a smaller version of HH??

I even thought about Cha Am. Obviously CA will be busier than normal but not as busy as HH will be. But then again I'm not that familiar with CA but what I've seen hasn't bowled me over. I need to give it more of a chance I think

Sent from my M2007J20CG using Tapatalk

buksida

Post by buksida »

I reckon Cha-am will be busier than HH over the holiday period, it is a magnet for Bangkokians.

Ban Krut is a good option as there is a nice beach road and more restaurants. BS is just 25km further south and the coastline is worth exploring. Neither are smaller versions of HH though!
Who is the happier man, he who has braved the storm of life and lived or he who has stayed securely on shore and merely existed? - Hunter S Thompson
joelle
Legend
Legend

Post by joelle »

buksida wrote: Tue Dec 13, 2022 9:23 am I reckon Cha-am will be busier than HH over the holiday period, it is a magnet for Bangkokians.

Ban Krut is a good option as there is a nice beach road and more restaurants. BS is just 25km further south and the coastline is worth exploring. Neither are smaller versions of HH though!
:agree: & :agree: