Dragon Boat Racing, Pak Nam Pran

So what is going on around here and where does it happen? This section is for discussion on local events, festivals, and holidays as well as activities and things to do.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Re: Dragon Boat Racing, Pak Nam Pran

Post by HHTel »

Family visit to the festival at Paknampran last night. In the daytime it looked pretty unimpressive. However it lit up at night and was bigger than it looked in daylight.
Lots of food. Large stage for visiting entertainment. Lots of food. A couple of beer tents. Plenty of rides for the kids - dodgems, electric bikes, paddle boats, ferris wheel, one 'white knuckle ride' and more.
Spent an enjoyable few hours there. Prices very reasonable. Well worth a visit. Last day is today (Sunday).

And yes, my daughter and grand-daughter tried the 'ghost house'. Came out screaming after a few mins. Pitch black with model 'zombies' operated by kids who kept jumping out and touching you on the shoulder. Simple but scary was the comment from my daughter.
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Awww...... I thought this was going to be an 11th hour notification about Dragon Boat racing and it's location :cry:
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Sorry, BB. I've asked various people, mostly Thais, and nobody seems to know anything!
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Maybe it was cancelled similar to the event at Khao Tao Lake a few months ago.

Points 48; Position 20
Big Boy

Post by Big Boy »

Well, here we go, it wasn't cancelled. The location I'd found was obviously correct - under the bridge just before you get to Pak Nam Pran. I'd discounted that because of lack of parking/viewing facilities. It looks from the photos posted by Surf 102.5 FM that nobody bothered going to watch, so parking wouldn't have been a problem.

boat.jpg
boat.jpg (227.18 KiB) Viewed 705 times

Points 48; Position 20