Lotus' Go Hua Na closing down

Hua Hin general discussion, observations and chat. Hua Hin topics that don't really fit anywhere else.
GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Lotus' Go Hua Na closing down

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Was in the Lotus' Go on Petchkasem Rd just next to Vana Nava Water Park yesterday.

They were in the final throes of clearing all the produce off the shelves prior to closing the place down permanently.

There was so little stuff left that I would reckon by today it must be closed already.

Tremendously disappointed as it was so convenient for us (literally two minutes from our house) to buy little things we'd forgotten or needed on a rush basis.

Just a heads-up for anyone who lives nearby or occasionally shopped there.
Big Boy

Re: Lotus' Go Hua Na closing down

Post by Big Boy »

A shame, but since Tesco pulled out, their products were getting less and less. We used to use it a lot on the way to Khao Tao Lake, but as the range of products decreased, it became pointless. We found more of what we wanted in the little 7-11 at Khao Tao.

The Lotus in Market Village is going downhill similarly.
Championship Stoke City 3 - 0 Plymouth Argyle :cry: :cry: :cry: :cry:

Points 48; Position 20
lomuamart

Post by lomuamart »

The one close to me is closing from 2-5am.
Don't forget that Lotus is now owned by the same business family as 7-11, Macro.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

Agreed, BB. That particular site was going down long before Lotus. That store could have flourished if they'd put in a manager 'worth his salt'. They had shelves full of stock that don't sell (slow movers). 'Every day' items were becoming non-existent. I used it a lot when it first opened. But I've rarely used it of late and when I do they don't have what I want. A typical example was a couple of weeks ago I needed spaghetti sauce. Plenty of spaghetti/pasta. When I asked the staff - "Sorry, don't have" which was becoming a classic answer.
You're quite right in that 7/11 is a better option in my area.
Ratsima
Ace
Ace

Post by Ratsima »

The Lotus Express (?) in Cha Am also closed a few months ago. I guess it was too close to the big Lotus's that opened about a year ago.

On the other hand, 7Elevens keep opening all over the place.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

What are the best alternatives for ordinary grocery shopping these days? We are located close to the east end of Soi 112 and used to frequent Lotus Hua Na rather often.

I, of course, know about Bluport and Market Village, but are there any alternatives to 7/11 closer to Soi 112 these days? Mini Big C on Soi 102 is one, but that's more or less another 7/11. G Supermarket on 94/88 or Lotus Express on 88 are two alternatives, but I would prefer something more nearby.

Are there any other grocery stores in the area that I might be unaware of? I read somewhere that "something" might open at the east end of Soi 114. Does anyone have more information regarding this?
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

Ralfredo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:01 pm What are the best alternatives for ordinary grocery shopping these days? We are located close to the east end of Soi 112 and used to frequent Lotus Hua Na rather often.

I, of course, know about Bluport and Market Village, but are there any alternatives to 7/11 closer to Soi 112 these days? Mini Big C on Soi 102 is one, but that's more or less another 7/11. G Supermarket on 94/88 or Lotus Express on 88 are two alternatives, but I would prefer something more nearby.

Are there any other grocery stores in the area that I might be unaware of? I read somewhere that "something" might open at the east end of Soi 114. Does anyone have more information regarding this?
A fairly large Lotus just opened on 102, south side of the street, across from the mini Big C.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Great news! Perfect location, will check it out! Thanks! Must be just east of the first 7/11?
caller
Hero
Hero

Post by caller »

Ralfredo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:43 pm Great news! Perfect location, will check it out! Thanks! Must be just east of the first 7/11?
Next to it. A thread here recently stated the store on 114 will be a cj store.
Talk is cheap
Jack_Batty
Professional
Professional

Post by Jack_Batty »

caller wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 5:10 pm
Ralfredo wrote: Wed Jan 17, 2024 4:43 pm Great news! Perfect location, will check it out! Thanks! Must be just east of the first 7/11?
Next to it. A thread here recently stated the store on 114 will be a cj store.
I drove by it last week. Already open.
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

It's been open for a couple of weeks. Very disappointed with the stock. I've been in 2 or 3 times and left with nothing. I find that the nearby 7/11 is better for my needs.
Ralfredo
Professional
Professional

Post by Ralfredo »

Are we talking about a cj store as in https://cjstore.in/ ?

I'm not familiar with these stores, but they seem to be very specialized in training/nutrition/diet/health. Am I right or wrong?
hhinner
Rock Star
Rock Star

Post by hhinner »

Ralfredo wrote:Are we talking about a cj store as in https://cjstore.in/ ?

I'm not familiar with these stores, but they seem to be very specialized in training/nutrition/diet/health. Am I right or wrong?
As in https://www.cjexpress.co.th/

GroveHillWanderer
Guru
Guru

Post by GroveHillWanderer »

Ralfredo wrote: Thu Jan 18, 2024 10:47 pm Are we talking about a cj store as in https://cjstore.in/ ?

No, nothing to do with that, which seems to be an Indian store.

This is a Thai supermarket chain, seemingly called CJ Express according to their website, though the logo on the store at 114 says CJ more.

https://www.cjexpress.co.th/
Attachments
Screenshot_2024_0118_230401.png
Screenshot_2024_0118_230401.png (464.86 KiB) Viewed 889 times
HHTel
Hero
Hero

Post by HHTel »

I think the 'CJ More' is just an acknowledgement that it's smaller than the norm, much like Lotus Express and Min Big C.